Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Removing or transferring error 'not enough shares'

I have 1304 in account. These have recently been transferred to another account. Bit I can't accept the transaction from Schwab - I get 'not enough shares' even though it is precisely the shares I have.
I have exited and restarted and the issue remains. You can see from the picture that the shares are there (there is only one security in this account).

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi @PaulaManildi,

When you were making the transfer entry, did you enter the number of shares (i.e. 1,304 in the "Number of shares:" field?  If so, I suggest that, instead you should click on the "All" button that is just in the box labeled "Transfer Method" that appears directly below the "Number of shares:" field.

This should take care of this problem, which might be caused by fractional shares or just by Quicken's quirks (a technical term ;) .

Let us know how this works out for you.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • PaulaManildi
    PaulaManildi Member ✭✭
    When I did 'All', it moved some of them but not all 1304. I had to add some shares to the transfer account, then go back and change the quantity. It is lucky I am not tracking basis here, as it is totally screwed up!