Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

During Quicken login, banner with Quicken phone number pops up in background

Hello:

During my Quicken login (on desktop), Quicken has been displaying the following background behind the dialogue box for PIN entry.

"Need Help? Visit www.quickensupport/com/support or call... during office hours Mon-Fri..."

This is a fairly new issue -- that it, I've never seen this over the last 20+ years, but it's been showing up now for the past ~4 weeks.

My question: How can I get rid of that "background" with the Quicken phone number? I just like to enter my PIN vs. having to wait an extra 5-10 seconds for the background disappears.

Comments

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Its a known bug. You might try this solution here:
  • skydivetom
    skydivetom Member
    MHSwizzleStick:

Thank you for the info. Yes, once I removed the password and logged back into Quicken, I didn't get that **ugly** (undesired) Quicken Banner.

HOWEVER, arguably, most users shouldn't feel comfortable leaving the Quicken file unprotected (w/o PIN) in the event of any hacking. Anyhow, based on personal preference, I've added a password again and sure enough that "bug is back".

I really can't believe that Quicken is aware of it and hasn't come up w/ a permanent solution yet. I just renewed my subscription and I'm still having to deal w/ this issue.

If there was a good software alternative, I would readily to a different software platform. Very unhappy with Quicken (or Intuit... or whoever owns the software now).

Anyhow, thank you for the feedback... I appreciate it.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a known and recent bug - and has been discussed in several other postings...
    If you have a Data File Password, the background screen will display, and will just go away after about 20secs or so -

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    skydivetom,
    If you want to help Quicken developers find and fix this problem, see this post:
This discussion has been closed.