Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

'Contains' constraint does not work using 'Search' in a register? Quicken for Windows

Using 'Find' 'Any field' 'Contains' '104' ..to search a register would not work. (Was searching for amount 104.00, which IS in register but could not be found. When I then looked for '104.00', search would work.

So, it seems that Search function 'Contains' constraint seems, in practice, to be 'Exact' constraint ..and 'Contains' Search ..is not finding as much as it otherwise would. Request fix.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what its worth, I'm not able to reproduce the issue. 

If you're using multiple monitors, I suggest you open Quicken on the display you have set to be main.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't reproduce this, either, but something did break in the Find command as of R25.18. I thought it only affected searching for check numbers, but maybe there's more to it.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Jeffrey1979
    Jeffrey1979 Member ✭✭
    @Sherlock - Just using one monitor.
    @Rocket J Squirrel - I read the note you cited in community discussion forum. Looking down the thread, thinking my issue might be another aspect of a larger Search issue.

Note that I also had similar problems with Search in Quicken 2017 for Windows. With that version, sometimes whole app would blow up.

How do things get advanced to Quicken Development team? Thanks.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Jeffrey1979

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

Please navigate to Help > Report a problem report this issue to the Quicken Development team.

Please note, Reporting a Problem sends information to be used for statistical and investigative purposes and will not receive a response.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~