Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Do I have to do anything to trigger / upload payment?

Among the MANY issues I'm having trying to decode this mess called Quicken Bill Manager is that I after I entered a payment for my credit card company, it shows up sure enough in the register but I have seen no confirmation that the transaction is uploaded to a bill payment system for actual payment. How do I confirm?

Also, one of my billers showed up in the BILLS & INCOME tab without any action on my part. I cannot REFRESH BILL as I always get "invalid biller" error message. I re-added the biller using the plus sign to add a biller and it worked but now, I have 2 entries for the biller and don't see any way to delete the extraneous one automatically put there by Quicken. Am I missing information on how to delete a biller (without actually deleting the account from Quicken which I do NOT want to do).

Best Answer

• bg56
    bg56 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I'm going to drop this thread and try a new one. Entering bill payments for amounts more than $1,000 appears to be my issue and I don't want to fog up the thread with the above information.

Answers

• bg56
    bg56 Member ✭✭
    adding a couple more comments.... I did find "manage online billers" under the gear icon on the BILLS & INCOME tab and was able to remove the erroneous billers. Also, I was able to do QUICK PAY for that biller and quicken claims it worked.

Regarding my original post about how to enter a payment (not quick pay due to amount)
    - "Get Payment Status" says no pending or processed payments for that biller
    - If I mouse over the the CURRENT BILL entry for the biller it says last paid bill was March 16 (the date I scheduled the payment for) and the Last Payment says "Entered $xxx on March 16".
    At this point, I cannot be certain there is any payment actually intended to be paid.
  • bg56
    bg56 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I'm going to drop this thread and try a new one. Entering bill payments for amounts more than $1,000 appears to be my issue and I don't want to fog up the thread with the above information.