Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Quicken says I have a payment to send.... but there are none

I have searched the forum and already tried the suggestions. Yes, I already validated my file....

I'm using Quicken Premier 2020 with Version R25.18

A couple of weeks ago, one of my accounts says it has 1 Online Payment to Send. There are no payments needing to be sent.

I have checked the register for payments in Send status and there are none.

If I go to the Bills and Income tab, it says there is 1 payment ready to be sent. If I click Send Now, it updates, but the message remains.

In Tools - Online Center, the account shows two payments in the list. Each has a check number ans shows a scheduled delivery date.

I saw a discussion with a similar issue, but no resolution....

Comments

• Blair MasseyBlair Massey Member ✭✭
    How can I reset this?
  • Blair MasseyBlair Massey Member ✭✭
    Next to my Wells Fargo account, it shows i have an online payment to send when there is not one. Can this be fixed?
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited March 19
    Hello @jacklevis & @Blair Massey,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Is this issue still occurring? If so, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

If you have not already done so, I suggest reviewing the information and following the steps available here and here to cancel Pending Online Payments.

Please let us know if this helps to resolve this matter for you.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• jacklevisjacklevis Member ✭✭
    Hello,

Yes, I am still having this problem.

I already searched the forum and found at least one other person with the same issue and no resolution.

As mentioned in my post, I'm using Quicken Premier 2020 with Version R25.18

Please note... My issue is NOT that a payment won't send. My issue is that Quicken says I have a payment to send and ALL are in sent status.

I can see nowhere in Quicken where I can see what payment it thinks is not sent.

Also, I already ran the validation of the file without impact.

Jack
    Hello @jacklevis,

Thank you for providing these additional details.

If you have not already done so, I suggest performing a Super Validation. To Super Validate your file, first hold down the CTRL+SHIFT keys, and then choose File>File Operations>Validate and Repair. Select the box to "Super validate file" and then click "OK".

Once that is complete, please navigate to the "Bills & Income" tab, then the "Bills" tab, and then click the gear icon in the top right and select "Validate Online billers". 

I would then recommend that you go to Edit>Preferences, select "Mobile ID, Sync & Alerts" and then Sign in as a different user". When prompted, type "yes" and then click "Sign Out".

You'll then sign back in with your Quicken ID and password and repeat the steps that resulted in the "1 Online Payment to Send" message.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie

Natalie,

I was finally at a place where I could do this.

I followed the instructions with no improvement.

Super Validate found a transaction from 2018 that was corrupted. It suggested I delete it. I didn’t do so yet. It was from a different account than the one which says I have payments to send.

Also, it the validation of the online billers wiped out most of the links I had to reminders. I need to redo that now.

As before… On the bills and Income tab, it says I have one payment ready to be sent. When I push send now,
    There is nothing to be sent.

Jack
  • DMAC75DMAC75 Member
    I'm having the same issue.
    Hello @jacklevis,

Thank you for attempting the steps and posting back with the results, although I apologize that they did not resolve this issue for you.

You may consider restoring from a backup file created before this issue began to occur. You can then determine if the issue persists when going back to that prior point.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

If the issue continues, I suggest contacting Support directly for more advanced troubleshooting.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have and can best work with you towards a resolution.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• nwjoynernwjoyner Member
    Since I renewed to the subscription method, I am having the same problem.
    Thanks,
    Norman
  • Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @nwjoyner

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

I'm interested in what you find out....

I have had this problem multiple times and support has NEVER been able to help.

The only good thing I can tell you is that for some reason, the problem goes away. It seems to be related to a payment that was sent which needs to pass its status date.

This is a frustrating issue....

Good luck