Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Add quicken ID?

We bought our latest quicken subscription in my name, but cannot open my husband's files with it. Can I transfer my subscription to his name, or add him somehow? We purchased with my ID because he ran into some complication when using his email. But all his data is coded to his email--and "his" data is also my data.
Help! This is really frustrating.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    bethw said:
    We bought our latest quicken subscription in my name, but cannot open my husband's files with it. Can I transfer my subscription to his name, or add him somehow? We purchased with my ID because he ran into some complication when using his email. But all his data is coded to his email--and "his" data is also my data.
    Help! This is really frustrating.

You would need to consult with Quicken Support  to see if they could move the new subscription to your husband's as an extension.
    Each subscription stands on its own, so "blending" them is not possible by a user.
    If you did not lose any overlap in your purchasing under a different email OR you don't care that you may have lost some overlap, then you just need to change the subscription that is associated with both the program and the data file by doing the following:
    Edit->Preferences->Quicken Id, then "Sign in as a different user" using your Quicken Id.  If you ever need to restore a backup made before this changeover, you will need to do it to the newly restored data file.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.