Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

second computer

Are you allowed to update a second computer with your subscription to quicken 2020?

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, you can use Quicken on as many PC's as you wish. Be aware that you cannot sync them or use them as if they were networked. You need to use backup and restore to keep them up to date.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • 651drm651
    651drm651 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for responding, used Quicken for many years. Mainly use the program on my laptop. When I tried to up load the 2020 version from 2017 (R19.8) to my desktop - nothing. Appreciate the help
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    651drm651 said:
    When I tried to up load the 2020 version from 2017 (R19.8) to my desktop - nothing.
    You will need to elaborate by what you mean and what you've tried that did not work.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • 651drm651
    651drm651 Member ✭✭
    If I am doing this correctly, under the help menu - when I pull down the menu to and click on "check for updates", the server states I have the latest update. V. (R19.8) . There are no other windows or pop ups allowing me to update the program. Thanks.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You current version can only update up to the final version of Q2017. If you have purchased the subscription version, you need to go to quicken.com and log in to My Account. From there you will see the option to download the installer. Then you will be able to install the newest version. The subscription version will provide continual updates as long as your subscription is current.
  • 651drm651
    651drm651 Member ✭✭
    Thanks GeoffG I will do that shortly.
This discussion has been closed.