Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Home screen view

Please help.
I am a Quicken user for over 22 years. I have put off upgrading to the subscription version for a few years. Why? Because my experience is the changes that Inuit makes often make user experience worse.
In this case, with new version I just bought the bill home screen is gone. I used to be able to see all my scheduled bills in a nice picture across the front of the "bill" home screen. Now all I can see are scheduled income and transfer items.
I've tried every option I can find and I cannot find options to have what I used to have which is all scheduled income, transfer and bills. Also, I cannot see past due any longer except in a top to bottom view that looks like files in window file manager.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @John,

Thanks for the info and screen shot.  I understand your frustration - and agree that sometimes things we have used for years can sometimes disappear without explanation for the sake of "Progress".

I cannot replicate what you are seeing because I am still on 2017 and you are on the subscription.  (Aside - I too am afraid of what might happen when I eventually go to subscription and am trying to get my file in the best order possible before I do.)

However, did you try clicking on the gear icon to see if there are other "views" available?  You should look for a "View as Stack" option - because I think that's what you had before.  Also - what are the options on the "drop down" menu "Biller Name"?  There could be something similar to "Stack view" there.

Let me know whether this helps, or get back with additional questions.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @John,

If you give us some more information, we might be able to help you.  

Which tab are you in - is it the "Bills" tab, or another one?
    What do you mean by "nice picture across the front of the "bill" home screen" - are you referring to large icons and stack of upcoming bills?

Get back to me.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • John58
    John58 Member ✭✭
    Here you go. Thanks in advance.

1 - open quicken
    2 - below very top ribbon bar you have accounts, then tabs that say home, spending, bills & income, etc.
    3 - it used to be when you clicked on the bills & income tab you had all your bills in a nice check looking format. You could see 30 days at time etc.

This option is gone. Now there are 2 views one of which makes no sense which looks like file explorer.

This is why I absolutely HATE Intuit. After over 22 years using a product when they make these changes when you've been using a particular layout for years you can no longer use it. It's UNBELIEVABLE!
  • John58
    John58 Member ✭✭
    What's more you can't even sort this view ascending or descending. HORRIBLE.
  • John58
    John58 Member ✭✭
    Here is screen shot
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @John,

Thanks for the info and screen shot.  I understand your frustration - and agree that sometimes things we have used for years can sometimes disappear without explanation for the sake of "Progress".

I cannot replicate what you are seeing because I am still on 2017 and you are on the subscription.  (Aside - I too am afraid of what might happen when I eventually go to subscription and am trying to get my file in the best order possible before I do.)

However, did you try clicking on the gear icon to see if there are other "views" available?  You should look for a "View as Stack" option - because I think that's what you had before.  Also - what are the options on the "drop down" menu "Biller Name"?  There could be something similar to "Stack view" there.

Let me know whether this helps, or get back with additional questions.

Frankx

• John58
    John58 Member ✭✭
    Yes I clicked on the gear icon. There's nothing there that helps.

And Frank you did it!! When I clicked on the left drop down there was the stack view. And viola the format I like because I've used it for so long is back! And there bill and income minders are actually sequential!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @John,

Glad I was able to help!  Take care.
    Frankx

• deaven
    deaven Member
    Hi, another user of "stack view" here. I just updated my Q2018 subscription version to R28.18, and I now have the top part of the stack view (the "stack" of cards) always defaulting to show the rightmost (most distant due date) versus the leftmost (nearest due date) card. Below that, the columns appear correctly with earliest due date at left and visible. If I click on the lower section's leftmost card, the stack of cards flips to the correct leftmost display, but it is tiresome to keep doing that while paying bills, instead of it just defaulting to show the "next" bill due. I could not find a "sort order" or view option that makes it work this way. Anybody have this problem, or a solution?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    deaven said:
    Hi, another user of "stack view" here. I just updated my Q2018 subscription version to R28.18, and I now have the top part of the stack view (the "stack" of cards) always defaulting to show the rightmost (most distant due date) versus the leftmost (nearest due date) card. Below that, the columns appear correctly with earliest due date at left and visible. If I click on the lower section's leftmost card, the stack of cards flips to the correct leftmost display, but it is tiresome to keep doing that while paying bills, instead of it just defaulting to show the "next" bill due. I could not find a "sort order" or view option that makes it work this way. Anybody have this problem, or a solution?

A simple click on one of the cards in the lower half of the screen will immediately display the Stack in the upper half, positioned correctly to the selected transaction.
    I have no idea why the view opens to the right-most, most future dated transaction instead of a "today's view". You'd have to get the programmer who made this change to fess up.
    Limiting the "due in xx days" to 7 or 14 days instead of 30 days might also help a little.
  • I have the same issue. I have used Quicken for 25 years and the stack view has always been displayed with the next bill - the left most - showing on top, like in any civilized country where we use a calendar in date order, NOT reverse date order. This is obviously a programming error introduced with an update in either July or August 2020. I just spent 2 hours in an online chat with a Quicken support agent, trying various remedies, including setting up a test file and making up account and bills, all to no avail. I do not care for the other views available and having to click on the bill in the lower half of the screen is a pain in the ****. A simple Sort function would fix the problem, but there is no Sort function. We need everyone who has this issue to report it and complain, so that something will get fixed. If it isn't, I'll have to look into other financial software and save my $50/per month.
This discussion has been closed.