Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Do I have to sync to the cloud?

I do not use quicken mobile or quicken online. I use the desktop version. It seems I have more problems in terms of crashes, missing budgets, etc. Am I required to sync to the cloud to utilize the desktop versions? if not, how do I stop it from syncing?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @hmday,

To answer your question directly - No, you do not need to "sync to the cloud" to utilize the desktop versions.

Are you sure that you are syncing now?

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @hmday,

To turn off the cloud - take these steps:

In Quicken (desktop):
    1) Select "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts";
    2) On the right hand side of the screen, Click on "Sign in as a different user";
    3) Type "yes" in the box;
    4) On the next screen (a new Sign In screen) - Sign in with your Quicken ID & password;
    5) Choose not to use mobile (i.e. the cloud).

That should remove you cloud from the cloud.  Let me know how it goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭
    when i follow those steps the program crashes and I am unable to open it. The window to resign in does not display and it crashes
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @hmday,

In that case, it seems likely that your prior " crashes, missing budgets, etc." were not related to the cloud.

I would suggest that you do some basic troubleshooting steps - as outlined here https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

As always - backup your data file before you troubleshoot.  Also, if your current file will not open at all, you'll have to go back and restore your last good backup file before you troubleshoot.

Let us know how this goes.