Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Can Quicken sync multiple accounts (at a single institution) each with its own login credentials?

Between myself and my spouse, we each have a login ID for our respective accounts at Broker X. Our credentials are different because I have an IRA in my name only, and she has an IRA in her name only. We also have a joint brokerage account which can be accessed from either ID. After setting up Quicken sync access with my Broker X login, and sycning all of my accounts (and the joint accounts with Quicken), I created accounts for my wife that she has at Broker X. After entering her Broker X login credentials in Quicken, I attempted to sync her accounts into Quicken. I got an error message. "Sorry we encountered an error (it's not your fault). Quicken is having trouble connecting to [Broker x]. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so, is there a solution?
Tagged:

Answers

• FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi skydog8935,

I have not had the problem that you are experiencing, however I can answer yous opening question - Yes, it is possible to successfully download and sync more than one "account" and/or login credential at a financial institution.

BTW it could just be coincidence that you received that error message at the time you were trying to set up your wife's accounts.  I'd suggest that you wait a while and try it again.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R26.17 - Build 27.1.26.17  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have my personal brokerage and 2 IRA type accounts at Fidelity.  They have my login credentials.
    My wife has her brokerage and an IRA account at Fidelity.  They have her login credentials.
    SO, YES what you request is the normal operation for Quicken.
    NOW, if you'd tell us the name of the brokerage and WHAT Q product your running, and the BUILD of that product, we can probably help further.
    Also, please do TOOLS, Account List and tell us what it says in the "Transactions Download" column adjacent to each of your accounts.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know with my brokerage, you have to make changes at the brokerage's website to allow Quicken to connect and do downloads.
    If that applies to your FI, have you done that for the wife's login?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydog8935 said:. After setting up Quicken sync access with my Broker X login...
    As others - we have Fidelity and have 3 different types of accounts and 2 IDs..
    - joint account - with my ID
    - IRA - each separate ID
    - a 403b - just spouse ID - AND different login type location -
    Also... sematics .... don't use SYNC to imply the connection or linking of your brokerage accounts with Quicken.... In the Quicken World, the term SYNC is used to refer to the Quicken Cloud and the Sync feature for Quicken Mobile App & Quicken on the Web

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10