Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

How to convert UK bank QIF or CSV to work on US Windows Quicken

Hi. I am sure I knew the answer anyway which involves $$$! I live in the US and use quicken deluxe for Windows V R25.18 for my US banks etc. I do have a UK bank (Lloyds Bank) and would like to import that into a new Quicken file. I cannot see and option to sync with Lloyds direct connect or web connect, so OK, I can download the transaction as QIF or CSV and manually import the file. However, my PC and Quicken are in US format date & time and I cannot see a way of changing the date format within quicken! Any suggestions on how to solve this riddle! It would also be nice to change the currency but I doubt if that is possible!
Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    See these two threads:

I personally use ImportQIF with a CSV download from my BJs Comenity credit card.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Graham105Graham105 Member ✭✭
    Hi Splasher.
    I can do the import OK but the date format will be wrong! Ie. US 3/1/2020 would be UK 1/3/2020 so Quicken will get most confused when importing UK files I.e 28/12 (Dec 28th in UK) would cause US Quicken to have problems with 28/12 since we do not have a 28th month! I would like to tell Quicken to work in UK date format option if at all possible. I do not want to do a line by line edit of the QIF or CSV date entries but have a funny feeling I am going to have to do this. I have messed around with the date column cell format in the CSV but that does not solve the problem.
    Thanks
  • Graham105Graham105 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Splasher. Just what I was looking for.