Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

I get a OL209-b error (Q Win 2017)

I get an 0l209-b eror when i try to update accounts in the new quicken. I have been using 2007 and had a similar problem in 2017 and was cured by the mondo update a few weeks ago. I purchased the new today, installed and the error came back. Quicken tried to blame it on the bank but it happens with all banks. Plus i uninstalled the new, used my backup data file with a fresh 2007 with the mond update and all is well. $99 for a piece of ......
Anyone get a answer to this problem. All i got was double talk from customer service, and they didt listen to a word i said

Answers

• mjackson1946mjackson1946 Member
    using 2017
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    unfortunately it isnt just one bank, its all the accounts i try and download. Capital one, Bank of AMerica etc. doesnt seem to be a baank problem is all are affected. I have done exactly what they say about temp internet files. didnt help. As i said I had a similar problem with Quicken 2017 about 3 week ago, and the Mundoupdate fixed that.
    Any other ideas?
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Hung during OSU, Crash at Startup or other unexplainable malfunctions in Quicken for Windows

Please verify this:

In Windows Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / Environment Variables ensure that both the TEMP and TMP variables point to a valid and existing folder, typically C:\Windows\Temp or  C:\Users\your_username_here\AppData\Local\Temp
    If they point to an incorrect or non-existent folder or drive change both variables to an existing folder on C:\ (or create one) and reboot Windows.

If the folder exists … does your Windows User Account have proper access rights to this folder?
    If Quicken cannot create and use temporary files, all sorts of malfunctions will occur.
    If the Temp folder is full of junk, clean it out. Delete all files and subfolders within the Temp folder structure that Windows allows you to delete. You may have to skip a few that are actively in use.

Make sure that files in the Temp folder are NOT accessed by cloud backup software at all.

Run CHKDSK /r on your C: - drive (or perform Error Checking from Windows File Explorer, Properties, Tools tab).

Check if Windows Defender feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

For those of you who may have had or have this problem. It was rememdied by suppport for me yesterday. There is apparently a Mundoupdate for version 2020 as well, which i was directed to download and install. I did so and the errors stopped. I wish I had known of the update befrore all the problems
    edited March 21
    here is the link to the update
    (Removed-Link)