Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I delete old downloaded payments accepted outside of Quicken?

A couple of years ago, the bank I was using for processing bills paid within Quicken dropped that service. However, I still have old bills appearing in the window labeled "Accept Payments Created Outside of Quicken into Register". I cannot accept them because they now create duplicate transactions or other types of transactions within my registers. There is not an ignore or delete option available that I can find. Any resolution suggestions?

Answers

• BSchnell
    BSchnell Member
    I should add that each transaction is already in the register and reconciled!
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried accepting into the register then deleting?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?  Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows are you using?

Can you show us an image snapshot of this window? (I must admit, I've never seen it myself in my Quicken data file)
    What happens when you single-click on one of these lines to select the entry? Do buttons appear next to the entry, e.g., Edit, Accept, etc.? What buttons?
    Does clicking one of the buttons, e.g., Edit, open a selection menu with "Delete" as an option? If so, does that Delete work for you?

The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons possibly beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• BSchnell
    BSchnell Member
    Here's the image from Quicken for Windows 2020, in Windows 10 Pro. When I try the Edit > Delete option, it asks me if I want to delete a reconciled transactions. I do not because that would delete the transaction from the register. Can you see the snipped image?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BSchnell said:
    Here's the image from Quicken for Windows 2020, in Windows 10 Pro. When I try the Edit > Delete option, it asks me if I want to delete a reconciled transactions. I do not because that would delete the transaction from the register. Can you see the snipped image?

Sorry, no. The image did not come through.
  • BSchnell
    BSchnell Member
    I created a JPG image, but I can't find a way to insert it here. Ideas?
  • BSchnell
    BSchnell Member
    Let see if this worked
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @BSchnell

Thank you for the response and for providing a screenshot of the issue.

The transactions cannot be deleted from the downloaded transactions tab. They will need to be accepted into the register to be deleted.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

This FAQ specifies steps for duplicates, these steps will also work for unwanted transactions as well.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka 
    ~~~***~~~
  • BSchnell
    BSchnell Member
    Thanks. I sort of determined that path when I started a trial run. But it is very messy and I have a few hundred to process. It might be easiest to leave well enough alone. Kinda like a rattlesnake sunning itself on a rock!