Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

My Quicken Premier 2018 register has become corrupted.

macs7827
macs7827 Member ✭✭
It is taking downloaded transactions and throws them everywhere. When I trying to reconcile accounts I get 2 or 3 transactions for the month. That is not the case, I have more than 60 checking eft or ach transactions per month. I have had this trouble since late January this year, when I started having troubles with two credit card accounts.

I have paper statements for the past 3 years. Can I start a brand new data file, starting with January 2019, and just do manual data entry?

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we want to, we may always start over: select File > New Quicken File...

You really should try to figure out what is causing the problem you're having so as to avoid repeating it.
  • macs7827
    macs7827 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for thee speedy reply Sherlock,

I had all accounts in good order and balanced at the first of the year. Then I had surgery and left the computer alone for several weeks. I had two credit cards that I had to get new numbers for. One kept getting hacked and I was always having to do almost a full account setup every time I had to enter data for that one. So I just ignored the renewal notices when they came. That card finally fell off the radar, and the problems went away. I think I will follow your suggestion on the new quicken file.

I usually back up weekly and if I have a very busy time more often than that. I have tried restoring back ups and eventually it comes down to the same thing. Data gets thrown around, either auto downloaded or manually as I write the checks. They wind up helter skelter.

I do believe I won't renew Quicken this year.

Thanks, Dan
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    macs7827 said:
    Thanks for thee speedy reply Sherlock,

I had all accounts in good order and balanced at the first of the year. Then I had surgery and left the computer alone for several weeks. I had two credit cards that I had to get new numbers for. One kept getting hacked and I was always having to do almost a full account setup every time I had to enter data for that one. So I just ignored the renewal notices when they came. That card finally fell off the radar, and the problems went away. I think I will follow your suggestion on the new quicken file.

I usually back up weekly and if I have a very busy time more often than that. I have tried restoring back ups and eventually it comes down to the same thing. Data gets thrown around, either auto downloaded or manually as I write the checks. They wind up helter skelter.

I do believe I won't renew Quicken this year.

Thanks, Dan
    When a new card is issued, instead of creating a new register, I suggest you deactivate and reactivate the Online Services of the current register taking care to link the account found at the financial institution to the existing register.
This discussion has been closed.