Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Do [not] see any attached bills for my online bills

I recently had Quicken Customer support uninstall and reinstall my Quicken software to get rid of a USAA biller that could not be removed in the software.

I have seen very inconsistent results previously in the online biller window and since the reinstall I do not see any attached bills at all.

Currently I have 1 bank account, 4 credit cards, cell phone and cable bills shown; two show a due date and payment amounts and the other five (5) are Awaiting next bill.

Attached is a summary of the current status of 3 of the bills that I find Quicken as being inconsistent.

What does "Awaiting next bill" imply in Quicken?

- Even though Quicken can get Due Date and Amount Due from the Biller, it is not showing the most recent attached bill. Why? (This would better explain the situation to the user.)

- It looks like Quicken should be able to attached the most recent bill and show the due dates and amount due.

- Or, is Quicken intentionally not showing due dates and amounts of bills recently paid.

Any clarification you can provide based on your own experience with Quicken online bills would be appreciated.

Thank! I am using Quicken 2020 for Windows, R25.21

Comments

• williamspl
    williamspl Member ✭✭
    Correction: Title should read "Do NOT see any attached bills for my online bills"
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited March 2020
    Hello @williamspl

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To answer your question, "Awaiting Next Bill" means:

If there are no bills at the biller's website, we display an empty row with ‘Awaiting next bill’ as the status. This will change when we find a new bill at the biller's website, at which point we’ll get that latest bill and display it in Quicken.

If you continue to experience the "Awaiting Next Bill" message several days after the bill has been updated on the biller website, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    From what I have seen the Bill system "collects" the PDF bills as they occur.
    As in say you just added a new Biller, it doesn't go in and get the past bills.
    It waits for the next bill and then downloads/stores it (I believe this is happening on the third party site that provides this service). That is when you will be able to see it in your Bill tab.

Since you had a problem and they had to "wipe your data" to get rid of the problem, I suspect that any bills you had were removed.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • williamspl
    williamspl Member ✭✭
    Thanks Chris!

That makes sense.
  • williamspl
    williamspl Member ✭✭
    Hello Tyka,

I believe that Chris made a good point regarding my on-line bill attachments, however, I believe I still have an issue with my Quicken account/software.
    Here is my analysis summary:

1. My online data was re-established by Quicken Support on 3/17.
    2. I have 5 online billers shown in Quicken (BOA, Chase, Barclays, Consumer Cellular and Time Warner), some with multiple accounts.
    3. I checked each one and we have 11 accounts across these online billers and ALL have statements on their websites.
    4. With these billers, 3 of their last statements are prior to March 2020, 4 are between 3/6 and 3/16 and 4 were on or after 3/17, but none of these statements are shown on the Quicken online bill page.
    Any input you can provide regarding this issue would be appreciated.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @williamspl

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for a review of the online biller profile.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • williamspl
    williamspl Member ✭✭
    After some lengthy time on the phone today with Quicken support, I have been provided some information regarding Quicken Online Bills that I want to share.

The missing attached bills issue, that we have experienced, along with several other bill related issues have been identified as bugs in the latest release, R25.21, by Quicken developers.

Quicken is planning to have a new release in about 2 weeks to address these issues.

I certainly look forward to these fixes. Thanks to support for this information.
  • williamspl
    williamspl Member ✭✭
    I have now waited for about four week and over that time I have seen two Quicken updates. I have seen a few of my Billers updated with attached bills, but yet, I still have at least two Billers (Consumer Cellular & Time Warner Cable) that have had statements on their website for many months; yet, there are still no statements shown on my Online Biller screen.

- Recently, I contacted Quicken Support again to get feedback on this issue since two Quicken updates were released.

- The only recommendation that the Quicken Rep had was for me to contact the Billers and see if they were sending eBills to Quicken.
    - It was my understanding that if Quicken has the Biller in their Biller List they were sending bills.
    - Also, I would expect little or no help from the Billers' Customer Service rep regarding sending ebills to Quicken? We would likely hear, what is Quicken? Or something worse!

Being a long-time user of ManagingYourMoney and Quicken from the beginning, I have seen a lot of good enhancement in this software. Having a single place to manage eBills in one place is a feature that I have been waiting for several years.
    With many years of experience in IT, I have several other areas regarding on-line Billers that I would like to share for enhancement consideration and feedback:

1. Managing online e-Bills from multiple parties is a complex undertaking. I believe that having updated and detailed documentation is important for this feature. And, having self-documentation in the product would be preferred. The currently outdated online documentation does not help.

2. Another example, a “Last Payment” column is currently show on the online Biller page without any data. When will this be introduced? I could be wrong but this is not described in any information that I have seen.

3. Providing a link from the biller page with details about the biller and their eBills would be quite helpful, so user are not left to guess about why bills and information are missing.

4. Manual entry of user name and password for eBiller setup and Biller website seems to be unnecessary. Why is the Quicken Vault not used to get this information and make things simpler for the user?

5. I believe it would be quite valuable if the current eBill was attached to the registry payment transaction. If a payment is not paid, a zero amount transaction could carry the statement in the registry.

6. My BOA account on the Biller page has statements attached from multiple accounts checking, savings and credit card. It would be helpful if the statement list last limited to the account identified on the online biller entry.

I hope this can be helpful; I appreciate any feedback.

So, in summary, I am still without an answer regarding my Time Warner Cable and Consumer Cellular missing bills.
This discussion has been closed.