Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Check numbers

When I download accounts from my bank I don't get the check numbers in the info. How do I fix that?

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    More info needed in order to assist you.
    What Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.  And, if it's there, what's your "Valid Thru" date?
    Are you showing the Check # column in your account registers?  If not, click the GEAR icon that's immediately above the right slider bar and check "Check #".  Do this in every checking account.
    HOW are those checks being input?  Manually, or are you relying exclusively on downloads from your bank(s).  Your bank ONLY knows the MICR line on your checks, so no Payee info should be coming in  and no Category (Categories, for split transactions) are coming in.  If you want this info, you need to type it in yourself.
    Also, what bank?  So that I can see if this is a general problem.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    More info needed in order to assist you.
    What Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.  And, if it's there, what's your "Valid Thru" date?
    Are you showing the Check # column in your account registers?  If not, click the GEAR icon that's immediately above the right slider bar and check "Check #".  Do this in every checking account.
    HOW are those checks being input?  Manually, or are you relying exclusively on downloads from your bank(s).  Your bank ONLY knows the MICR line on your checks, so no Payee info should be coming in  and no Category (Categories, for split transactions) are coming in.  If you want this info, you need to type it in yourself.
    Also, what bank?  So that I can see if this is a general problem.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Steve Holle
    Steve Holle Member ✭✭
    Check number was NOT checked in the account register. That fixed the problem. Thanks for the fast help.
This discussion has been closed.