Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Online bill info not available for Quick Pay

I have successfully set up a credit card company as an online biller in Quick Pay. In trying to make a payment to the company, I got the message "The payment cannot be made because the online biller information is not available: click 'Refresh Bill' on the drop down menu." I then went through the Refresh Bill process, entered the log in information for the credit card account, everything seemed to update, but when I tried to use Quick Pay after that, I got the same error message. I've tried several times to no avail. Does anyone have suggestions?

jb

Comments

• Dale Hopkins
    Dale Hopkins Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Very frustrating. They should make it "easy" to move from "Quicken Bill Pay" to "Quicken Bill Manager". This is a big problem. Anybody find the solution yet?
  • ghclark
    ghclark Member ✭✭
    Same problem with one biller.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Jim Bailey @Dale Hopkins & @ghclark

Thank you for reporting that you are receiving an error with an online biller, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please reply here and provide the name of the online biller that you are receiving the error for.

Please also include what version and release of Quicken you are using (Help > About Quicken).

Thank you,

Sarah
  • ghclark
    ghclark Member ✭✭
    I tried to Quick Pay my Xcel Energy bill and got this pop up message:

"This payment could not be made because the online biller information is not available: click “Refresh Bill” on the drop-down menu."

The Refresh Bill process does not correct the problem. I have not seen this with any other billers yet.

I have paid it with Quicken Bill Pay so am good for now, but it would be nice to get this working correctly.

Thanks,
    George
  • ghclark
    ghclark Member ✭✭
    Xcel Energy
    Version R25.21
    Build 27.1.25.21
  • Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your response. The biller in question is the University Federal Credit Union. I’m using Quicken Premier, Version R25.21, Build 27.1.25.21. I thought I had added the biller as an online payee for Quick Pay, but I don’t see the online payee icon showing up in the list of bills, just the old icon used for Quicken Bill Pay. But when I tried to add the biller as on online payee again, I got a message that I already had a payee added with that information. So I’m confused.

Also, your email to me said I could reply to the email. I tried that and got a bounceback, so apparently replying to the email is not an option.
  • Dale Hopkins
    Dale Hopkins Member ✭✭
    This is a real cluster...I have been trying for 4 weeks straight and not a SINGLE BILL has been paid yet. Surely there should be SOME PLACE where I can see all of the Quick Pay Billers and details. I keep getting this stupid message and have added and deleted and validated and everything numerous times. This payment could not be made because the online biller information is not available: click “Refresh Bill” on the drop-down menu." Does anybody at Quicken know how this works...no videos, the screen grabs posted on March 30th so you HOW but then you get this message and there is NO WAY to fix it...Help!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, and I'm sorry to hear this has not been resolved yet.
    Since the on-screen instructions so far have not resolved this issue-- I do recommend contacting Quicken Support at this point --as instructed in this support article regarding Quick Pay/Check Pay errors (section "Other Common Errors")-- via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly.
    -Quicken Anja
    Quicken Support Current Hours of Operation:
    8:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT
    • Quicken Phone Support - Monday through Friday
    • Quicken Chat Support - 7 days a week

-Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.