Home Quicken for Mac Reports (Mac)

How do i access transactions over 8 years old

I have used quicken for 15 years and need to see some transactions from 8 years ago to see about the total investment i had in my house. When I include all dates, it only goes back a couple of years

Answers

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several possibilities. What version of Quicken are you using? 
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • wscottclarkwscottclark Member ✭✭
    Version 5.15.2 (Build 515.33015.100)
    Okay. (I was hoping you were still on Quicken 2007, because some corruption in that database often hides transactions or shows them out of order, and it's generally easy to fix.)

Are you certain that you have no filters set in your register view? That is, if you click on All Transactions at the top of the left sidebar, and make sure the filters show All Dates, Any Type, Any Status, when you scroll to the oldest transaction, is it only a few years old?

If so, it sounds like somewhere back several years ago, perhaps in your transition to the modern Quicken Mac, you started working with a data file that didn't go back to your start using Quicken 15 years ago. Some questions…
    • Did you upgrade from Quicken 2007 or Quicken Windows?
    • How long ago was that?
    • After you made that transition, do you remember checking to see if all your transactions going back to around 2005 were there?
    • Do you have your old Quicken 2007 or Quicken Windows data file on your computer anymore?

Sorry to be late responding. I have always been on mac so I must have updated from quicken 2007. When ever the new version was offered I updated. At one point, Quicken was rather insistent and said they weren't going to support a version i was on so i updated. Looks like the oldest quicken back up i have is from 2012 and i see a quicken data file called 2quicken Data from 2010.
    Is that "2quicken Data" file a ".qdfm" file? You could try importing that into the current Quicken to see if it contains the historical data you're looking for. In Quicken, simply go to File > New and select to start from a  Quicken 2007 data file; then select that "2quicken Data" file, and if that was a Quicken 2007 data file, it will import into a new Quicken 2020 data file. If it has your historical data, you can keep this file around (you might want to rename it something like "Historical Data") and open it only when you need to access some old information. 
    There are 3 files, two of them have the .qdfm extension.
    there is another .qdfm file that doesn't have a number. perhaps that is the file i should use? its the biggest one, 2.2 MB
    There's nothing preventing you from creating a new Quicken 2020 file from each of these old Quicken 2007 data files. Each one is separate (as long as you start from File > New), and the old .qdfm files are copied but not altered in the process. I'd open them all and determine which gives you your most complete historical transactions.