Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

how to cancel Quicken Bill Pay

How do I cancel my Quicken Bill Pay Account?

Best Answer

Answers

• thsuthsu Member
    Phone number is unmonitored
  • FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @thsu,

I am not sure what happened when you called the number or what you mean by "unmonitored".

What I do know is that I just called the number I posted above (Tuesday 5/12/20 at 9:10am EDST) and the call was promptly answered automatically, I went through a series of automated questions & answers, and reached a very knowledgeable and courteous attendant (who offered to handle the account termination) within a couple of minutes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R26.23 - Build 27.1.26.23  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Jeri Ann WaltripJeri Ann Waltrip Member ✭✭
    I have also been calling that same number to cancel Quicken Billpay and all I get is a recording telling me to sign into quicken/support. Billpay quit working for me when I updated to Quicken Deluxe 2020 in March, but they still took out $9.95 in April, and May. I am being ripped off, if you ask me.
    Hi @Jeri Ann Waltrip,

I am sorry to hear about your problems with Quicken Bill Pay and with the phone number (as I noted above I did not have any of issues)  I suggest that you contact Quicken support to get assistance - through this link :  https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R26.23 - Build 27.1.26.23  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
    Thanks, I'll give that a try next week.
  • KasideaKasidea Member ✭✭
    Hi Frank,
    What questions did you have to answer before getting to a rep??? It is ridiculous that we can't just go to our Quicken Bill Pay .com account and opt out.
    Thanks,
    Karen
    I just did a chat with Quicken and got that same phone number and then was told to send a message through my Quicken Online Bill Pay account . When I try to do that there is a drop down asking for "Reason for inquiry that has ZERO data in it but it will not let me send my message without it. It is beyond me how These two companies screw us around like this. Quicken should provide information. Every day I think I want to just throw up my hands with Quicken--even the starter edition that I currently have. I'm using my bank for bill pay these days. Works great!
    Hi @Kasidea,

They were rather straight-forward questions about what the call was about and which versions of Quicken you are using, and stuff like that, so that your call can be routed to the right person/group.  Sorry that they are not making it super-easy for you to opt out, but like I mentioned above, it didn't take me too long to get to the right person.

Good luck!

Frankx

OH and the links in the Message box to Frequently asked question also doesn't work. Incredible!!!!!
    OK as Frank said I finally got to an automated item to pick a number to cancel the account. The person I was rung into I could not understand a word he said so had to hang up and call again and did get a woman that I could understand that was very nice. I am VERY glad to NOT have Quicken Bill Pay anymore as of June 25 and one MORE payment to them.
    After still only getting the recordings, I sent several messages through the quicken bill pay website. I was given a number to call, and could not understand the woman. She told me to call the same number I've been calling. Sent another email, this one nasty. They are finally canceling as of June 8th billing cycle, so I've been billed for 2 months (probably for June too) for nothing. What BS. Hasn't worked since end of March when I upgraded to Quicken 2020. They are ripping people off.