I want to access my Quicken Deluxe 2020 data file, running on a Windows 8 PC, from my MAC Pro runnin

I want to access my Quicken Deluxe 2020 data file, running on a Windows 8 PC, from my MAC Pro running Catalina OS version 10.15.3. Is there any way to do this similar to how I input data to the Windows 8 Quicken data file in the from iPhone X using the Mobil APP? I know I can access the Win 8 PC via Remote Desktop, but would prefer an interface similar to the Quicken Mobile App for the MAC?

Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Maybe Quicken can take advantage of Catalyst to make the Quicken MObile app on iOS run on macOS.

BUT why do you want the Mobile interface to access your Quicken data file from your Mac?
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian
    user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • jweaver6
    jweaver6 Member
    Thank you for your response. I travel extensively and carry a Mac Pro and an HP Spectra X360. (IT professional). I carry both to stay “pure” depending upon my client’s chosen environment. I use Quicken for my personal accounting and Quickbooks for the company files.

I find it much easier and more accurate to post transactions to my personal account as soon as possible since I don’t have a bookkeeper for personal transactions and I tend to procrastinate. Posting from my MAC at the hotel would be simpler than using the Quicken Mobile app on my phone but RD is not the most secure connection. Guess I will be implementing a VPN for the home. (No have not found a Quicken Mobile APP for the Mac OS)

Respectfully,

John

On Mar 23, 2020, at 3:33 AM, smayer97 <[email protected]> wrote:

Quicken
    smayer97 answered your question: I want to access my Quicken Deluxe 2020 data file, running on a Windows 8 PC, from my MAC Pro runnin
    No. Maybe Quicken can take advantage of Catalyst to make the Quicken MObile app on iOS run on macOS.
    BUT why do you want the Mobile interface to access your Quicken data file from your Mac?

--
    Reply to this email directly or follow the link below to check it out:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20077482#Comment_20077482

Check it out
This discussion has been closed.