Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Somehow, in the Bill Manager I have created a payment that says it is a Repeating payment

This discussion was created from comments split from: Bill Manager: Clarifications are needed.

Comments

• TLBauer3617
    TLBauer3617 Member
    I have already switched to the Bill Manager and deleted all payment information from Quicken Bill Pay. Somehow, in the Bill Manager I have created a payment that says it is a Repeating payment. (This is for my car payment). Since you don't provide a method for scheduling payments as yet, how can I be sure this particular payment is going to be made on time? Who is handling "repeating payments" in view of the fact that I have deleted all such items from the old Quicken Bill Pay.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have already switched to the Bill Manager and deleted all payment information from Quicken Bill Pay. Somehow, in the Bill Manager I have created a payment that says it is a Repeating payment. (This is for my car payment). Since you don't provide a method for scheduling payments as yet, how can I be sure this particular payment is going to be made on time? Who is handling "repeating payments" in view of the fact that I have deleted all such items from the old Quicken Bill Pay.
    Quicken Bill Pay is only one of over 500 financial institutions that support online payment for within Quicken using the Direct Connect connection method.  If you have setup Online bill payment for an account register, you may schedule a repeating payment: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab.  

Note:  Quick Pay payments may not be scheduled: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-make-payments-using-quick-pay-and-check-pay
  • qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭
    Sherlock: You mention that over 500 banks support Direct Connect (and allow bill payments through Quicken). But may large banks do not... Citibank, for example. Those of us using those banks do not have the option, and are stuck with a non functioning QuickPay, or will need to find another service.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    qrad said:
    Sherlock: You mention that over 500 banks support Direct Connect (and allow bill payments through Quicken). But may large banks do not... Citibank, for example. Those of us using those banks do not have the option, and are stuck with a non functioning QuickPay, or will need to find another service.
    You have the option to continue to use a financial institution to pay bills that has decided not to allow their customers to schedule online payments from within Quicken or not. You may decide to use the bill payment services they offer from without Quicken, switch to a different institution, or struggle with the limitations that apply to Quick Pay.  The good news is the Quicken Bill Pay is not terminating until 8/31/2020.