Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

So slow

I started a new quicken file in July because could not get my old data file to work.
I opened the old file so I could look up some tax info. then reopened my current quicken file and it is taking 20 seconds to clock every time I try to do anything. Terribly slow performance.
No issues with looking at gmail, etc.

Comments

• kathy q
    kathy q Member ✭✭
    I could add that i've tried validation and everything came back fine. I copied data file from home network to a portable hard drive to see if that made a difference. Didn't seem to help. So am using the data file saved on our home network.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Please provide the year and version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

I suggest you open the data file in a folder on an internal drive.  Do not allow any other programs to access the data file while it is open in Quicken (for example, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, MegaSync, ...).
  • kathy q
    kathy q Member ✭✭
    thanks Sherlock! My version is 2020 v.R25.21
  • kathy q
    kathy q Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I was on line with support for more than an hour yesterday. Tried validate, super validate, restoring from backup file, saving a copied file with only March transations, and I think I refreshed the software. The system is still clocking for extended time most every time that I click anything in quicken Eventually it seems to move forward but it is not working. Earlier this year had issue and had so start a new quicken file. I don't want to do that again. (Removed-No Soliciting) I've used quicken for years, but seemto have problems that are not resolveable? Help? (Removed-No Soliciting) 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    kathy q said:
    I was on line with support for more than an hour yesterday. Tried validate, super validate, restoring from backup file, saving a copied file with only March transations, and I think I refreshed the software. The system is still clocking for extended time most every time that I click anything in quicken Eventually it seems to move forward but it is not working. Earlier this year had issue and had so start a new quicken file. I don't want to do that again. (Removed-No Soliciting) I've used quicken for years, but seemto have problems that are not resolveable? Help? (Removed-No Soliciting) 
    If you haven't already, I suggest you boot Windows in Safe-mode.  If Quicken performs well, the implication is that some other process being started when you boot normally is interfering with Quicken. You could then incrementally add the services to the boot to attempt to determine which one triggers the issue.
This discussion has been closed.