Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can't import QFX files

I download QFX files from my banking institutions, I select import file, web connect QFX, and when I select the import button, it acts like it's working to import the file for about 1/2 second and then does nothing. Anyone know why this is happening? Thanks in advance

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    1 - What version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    2 - also - what is your expiration date, if there is one, on this same screen display
    3 - What bank or bank/s -
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the transactions in the QFX file have already been imported.
  • rtodden
    rtodden Member
    I'm using Quicken deluxe on windows 10, ver. R25.21, build 27.1.25.21, expiration 3/18/21. I've been using Quicken since the early 90's. The transactions are not already downloaded. It doesn't even bring up the screen asking which account I want to put the transactions into. None of the imported QFX files show up under the "browse for file" dialog box until I select "web connect (.QFX) file from the "import file" menu. The imported file will not show up to select it if I choose "Quicken Transfer format (.QFX) file type. The banks that only provide the Quicken QFX files are: Barkley's, Citi Bank, Discover Card, First Bank Card and Wells Fargo
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are TWO similar names - but very different file formats and usage...
    Which is yours -
    QFX - Quicken Web Connect files -
    manually downloaded from a bank for importing into Quicken .
    It will automatically import the data into the correct account as the QFX file has all that info included in the file.
    QXF - Quicken Exchange and Transfer File -
    used to exchange and transfer between systems

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rtodden said:
    I'm using Quicken deluxe on windows 10, ver. R25.21, build 27.1.25.21, expiration 3/18/21. I've been using Quicken since the early 90's. The transactions are not already downloaded. It doesn't even bring up the screen asking which account I want to put the transactions into. None of the imported QFX files show up under the "browse for file" dialog box until I select "web connect (.QFX) file from the "import file" menu. The imported file will not show up to select it if I choose "Quicken Transfer format (.QFX) file type. The banks that only provide the Quicken QFX files are: Barkley's, Citi Bank, Discover Card, First Bank Card and Wells Fargo
    If we've previously imported a QFX for the account and the register is still set to use the Web Connect connection method, we're not prompted to identify the register again.  So, if there are no new transactions in the QFX file, Quicken will successfully import the transactions and it will appear as if Quicken had done nothing.
This discussion has been closed.