Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bill Manager Can't link to mortgage reminder

I've converted to Quicken Bill Manager, and I deleted and created a new Bill Reminder in my mortgage account. I then linked my mortgage biller in the Bill Manager. Now the mortgage bills are downloading. When I try to link in Bill Manager, it does not list this bill reminder and wants me to create another one. How do I do this?

(for the record - you have detailed instructions on how to CONVERT to Bill Manager - but no instructions that I can find on how to use it - which is pretty important because its a completely different work-flow than any one is used to... would have been way, way, way easier to have manual bills be able to be created from the register like it was for Bill Pay).

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • asymptote
    asymptote Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Fair - but these are pretty insipid instructions - and not the main issue I'm having.

Why does Bill Manager not let me link to existing bill reminders - and why does the mortgage account have no knowledge of bill manager...

This feature is a pretty simple one to make easy to understand and it feels like every decision was made to make it complicated....
  • asymptote
    asymptote Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Does anyone have any clue how to match the bill reminder in bill manager to the bill reminder in the mortgage? Seems like a fairly common need...
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @asymptote,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue and I'm sorry the hear that you are experiencing this.

I apologize that you haven't received a response in a few days.

First, to get a better understanding of how you are trying to link Bill Manager to your mortgage bill reminder-- Are you trying to set it up for Quick Pay or Check Pay?

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    asymptote said:
    Does anyone have any clue how to match the bill reminder in bill manager to the bill reminder in the mortgage? Seems like a fairly common need...
    We do not match bill reminders.  We link online bills to bill reminders.  We're not able to link an online bill to a loan payment reminder So, don't try.  We may still use an online bill for the loan and a loan payment reminder even though they are not linked.
This discussion has been closed.