Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Updating exchange rate in Quicken

This discussion was created from comments split from: Updating exchange rate in Quicken.

Comments

• Roger LiRoger Li Member ✭✭
    I have the same question update exchange rate. There were supposed to have 2 ways to update exchange rate.
    1. push the update button on currency list page: the button is missing, can not find the button.
    2. update the rate in one step update. Can not find the option to update exchange rate in One Step Update.

I am using Quicken 2019 Deluxe version.

Can anyone help?
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭
    Do you have multiple currency support on?
    If you don't you won't have those buttons.
    Edit -> Preferences -> Calendar and currency -> Multicurrency support
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Dan GlynhamptonDan Glynhampton SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roger Li said:

I am using Quicken 2019 Deluxe version.

From the Quicken Help page "Download currency exchange rates":

Note

• Downloaded currency exchange rates is a feature available in Quicken Premier, Home & Business, and Rental Property only.

So as you're using Deluxe I'm afraid you can't automatically update them.
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2020 R25.21 on Windows 10 Pro v1909
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭
    @Dan Glynhampton

That is very strange since the Deluxe version has multiple currency support.

It has been a few years since I have used the Deluxe version, and the only time I ever turned it on was for testing for people questions. So I certainly could see how I missed this, but WOW it really something to leave it out.

BTW my bet would be that the Canadian Deluxe version doesn't have this problem. This is an area where the Canadian version differs a lot and for the most part they have better support. For instance the Canadian version not only download the currency rate it keeps a history which the US version doesn't do.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Dan GlynhamptonDan Glynhampton SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chris_QPW

I agree it's strange but I use the US Deluxe version myself and can confirm that downloading the exchange rates isn't possible. This question has come up before in the forum ( I've answered it at least twice in the past), so it's catching out users fairly regularly.

As far as the Canadian version goes, according to the feature list on this Quicken Web page, all three of the Canadian Windows versions (including Starter!) can download exchange rates.
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2020 R25.21 on Windows 10 Pro v1909