Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Connectivity problems?

When updating my accounts, for the last several days in a row, Quicken gets a Connectivity Problem with my accounts from UCCU. I go through the troubleshooting list - the account has not been closed, nor has the nickname been changed. When I reset the account, Quicken downloads the last 90 days of transactions (which have already been downloaded and reconciled). This has happened 5 days in a row. The credit union website is not down, functions fine, and properly downloads transactions when I choose a manual download from their website.
Why is Quicken experiencing connectivity issues with a properly functioning website? Why does it continue to download 90 days worth of transactions on a reset when those transactions are already reconciled in my account? Why won't it recognize these transactions as existing and not download them?

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    Quicken continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you want to continue to use the Express Web Connect connection method, I suggest you raise the Express Web Connect scripting issue with Quicken Support.

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • garyalan59garyalan59 Member ✭✭
    Web Connect method is not offered as an option with this institution.
  • garyalan59garyalan59 Member ✭✭
    Sorry, misspoke. Express Web Connect is the only option offered for Quicken auto updating. I guess I'll have to go back to Web Connect and manually downloading transactions. You'd think that, after 20+ years, they'd have this figured out.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Web Connect method is not offered as an option with this institution.
    UCCU is supposed to support the Web Connect connection method for banking accounts.  
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10