Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

PayPal transaction downloads not downloading payee names - BUG

deannadeanna Member ✭✭
I download PayPal transactions to my Chase credit card account used in PayPal.

First attachment shows version and build of Quicken used.

As of June 2019, Quicken no longer imports complete payee names from Chase data. I have manually filled in most of these. Users should not have to do that.

I verified that this is a Quicken problem by downloading and importing qfx files from Chase, instead of using One Step Update.

Result is the same either way. Yet Chase files are complete. Quicken is dropping the asterisk (*) and everything after it.

First attached image file of PayPal transactions shows result. Second file shows what is supposed to happen. Did something change about how Quicken sees asterisks in qfx files?

Test it yourselves to see what I mean. Import a data file with complete PayPal payee names and see what happens.

You can check with Chase to verify that their files provide the information that doesn't make it into Quicken for Windows. My first stop was Chase support.

Please fix this.

(edited attached image to remove personal info)

Answers

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭
    Have you verified that the payees in the QFX files do indeed have the text after the *?

QFX files can be edited with a text editor like Notepad.

The field for the payee in the QFX file is "name" so it would look like this:
    <NAME>SAFEWAY STORE00009290
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
    After posting that comment I realized I could just edit a QFX file and test it myself. The result is that it loads in just fine (see attached screenshot).

If the names are correct in the QFX file I suggest you look at your renaming rules you could have a renaming rule that say that if the payee is PayPal then make the payee PayPal. That would remove all the extra text. Just like I have a renaming rule for Safeway so that it will change the above (in last comment) to just Safeway so that it will properly match a memorized payee.
  • deannadeanna Member ✭✭
    What version of Quicken? What build?
  • deannadeanna Member ✭✭
    What version of Quicken? What build?
    I used QFX files and got a completely different result.
    Did you look at the images I attached?
    > @deanna said:
    > What version of Quicken? What build?
    > I used QFX files and got a completely different result.
    > Did you look at the images I attached?

I'm using the exact same version of Quicken you are using.
    And yes I did look at your screenshots, but those are the "results" not the "input". As I can't tell what the payee names are in your QFX file from them, and I can't see what your renaming rules are.

Did you edit the QFX file and see what the NAME field has?
    Did you check your renaming rules?