Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Has anyone made sense out of the new Bill Manager?

I have created and recreated the dozen or so Online Bills that I have and I can't for the life of me figure out the logic they're using to reinvent this wheel. As an example: I have a loan through Bank of America. I've created a Memorized Payment and added it to the scheduled transaction list through the loan account that tracks the rolling P&I. I then created an Online bIll for Bank of America but am unable to link the Online Biller to the Scheduled transaction. I can only created a new Scheduled transaction that does not track the P&I. Other online billers I've added only let me pay the minimum due or the full balance and when I attempt to send a new payment all it does is enter it in the register with the "Sched" in the check column. So has it been sent? No one in support can tell me. I embrace new and innovative ideas but, calling this new and improved is a farce. Thank the Gods they have postponed the rollout to August because this just isn't ready for prime time
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Ken DerrenbackerKen Derrenbacker Member ✭✭
    Thank you for sharing those links, they helped. The thing I'm having trouble with is differentiating between what is going to be removed when QBP is discontinued, what will the scheduled transaction screens look and function like in the new iteration. WIll there be an online version of the new Bill Manager to verify payments?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Ken Derrenbacker

Thank you for the response and I appreciate the questions.

Quicken bill manager will only be available through the Quicken program and will not have an online portal.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20073229#Comment_20073229

Right now, scheduled transactions cannot be scheduled using the Quicken Bill manger. We know this is a big concern to users, and we're working on this feature so we can get this to you as quickly as possible.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871028/update-3-20-20-quicken-bill-pay-now-discontinues-on-8-31-20-introducing-quicken-bill-manager#latest

I hope this clarifies!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    Will we able to verify or check the status of the payment through some other mechanism similar to the old system? I'm not trying to be "snarky" but, given Quickens bugginess it would be important to verify payment has in fact been made and not lost in the ether.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing those links, they helped. The thing I'm having trouble with is differentiating between what is going to be removed when QBP is discontinued, what will the scheduled transaction screens look and function like in the new iteration. WIll there be an online version of the new Bill Manager to verify payments?
    Quick Pay and Quick Check are not equivalent to Quicken Bill Pay.  If you want the ability to schedule bill payments from with in Quicken and online, I suggest you consider using one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment from within Quicken using the Direct Connect connection method.  
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    I'm a current user of Quicken Bill Pay and a Quicken user since late 80's-early 90's. Under the old system you can request the Status of an already sent payment. Will we be able to do something similar in the new system? My institution (a Credit Union) does not offer direct connect bill pay so I'm very keen on making sure my bills get paid under this new system.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a current user of Quicken Bill Pay and a Quicken user since late 80's-early 90's. Under the old system you can request the Status of an already sent payment. Will we be able to do something similar in the new system? My institution (a Credit Union) does not offer direct connect bill pay so I'm very keen on making sure my bills get paid under this new system.
    To determine the status of a Quick Pay payment, I suggest you sign in to your account on the online biller's web site.  
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10