Trouble With downloading Presidents Choice Financial Mastercard

When I download transactions from PC Financial Mastercard, they are entered in reverse in Quicken. The charges show as payments, and the payments as charges. I've checked with PC Financial Mastercard and they were no help. Any suggestions from anyone"

Best Answer

Answers

• penfjj
    penfjj Member
    Thanks for the response. At least I know it's not just me. Maybe I'll try PC Financial again.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    A bit more info is needed to assist you.
    Please do TOOLS, Account List and click EDIT adjacent to the particular account.
    What does it say there for "Account Type"?  Also, what does it say in the "Transactions Download" column for this account.
    Also, what Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.  Also, if it's there, what's your "Valid Thru" date?
    Lastly, what bank issued this card?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • bevtough26
    bevtough26 Member
    Hi, It says credit in account type.
    Transaction Download column says Yes (Web Connect)

Product is Quicken Deluxe R25.19, Build is 27.1.25.19 valid thru Mar 24/21.

FI is PC Financial.
  • bevtough26
    bevtough26 Member
    Why is my credit card downloading payments as charges an charges as payments. I want you to fix it. Four months wort. How do you delete them and download them again
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    PC Financial as in "President's Choice" Mastercard?

(Removed-Self-Referencing Link)

Have you tried this yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Please read and follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-added-quicken

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's contractual obligation to notify their Account Manager at Intuit Inc. of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change and any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• BlueFrogToo
    BlueFrogToo Member
    I'm not a Quicken user ... I use a different accounting/budgeting software. As it happens I have the exact same problem. PC Financial updated their site about 2 months ago and ever since then I've been having the same problem. I only mention it because if enough people complain to PC Financial perhaps they'll go and fix their site.
  • bevtough26
    bevtough26 Member
    So charges are in the payment column and payments are in the charge column how do I get rid of four month of this and how do i get in to download correctly.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @penfjj@bevtough26,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, and I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First could you provide the version/release of Quicken you are using?
    - Help > About Quicken

Before trying further troubleshooting, I recommend you do not delete any downloaded transactions as they do not redownload after deletion. 

To start-- does it show in account details as a credit card or checking account?
    - Tools > Account List > Edit (next to the account in question) > Account type

If it does in fact show as the correct account type-- I recommend deactivating the account (click here for deactivation steps) and adding it as a new account first. 

Once you've added the account as a new account after deactivating-- check the new account to see if it downloaded correctly.

If it does-- it will only download the last 30 - 90 days. Any data/transactions prior to that from the original account will then need to be moved to the new account that was added, and the old account will be deleted after the data has been moved. Click here for steps on moving transactions under "If you are moving transactions within the same data file:". (Note: the article gives instructions for 1 transaction at a time, however, you can do so with more than one at the same time)

If it does not-- this could indicate that there is either data corruption present within your data file or an issue within the servers that connects Quicken and the financial institution. For this, there are various other troubleshooting steps that will need to be taken, in which case we recommend you contact Quicken Support via phone or chat for further and more extensive troubleshooting.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Hope this helps! 

-Quicken Anja 
    -Quicken Anja
  • bevtough26
    bevtough26 Member
    Thank you. What if i go in and manually put the charges in the payment column and the payments in the charge column to get them sorted out? i have more than 120 transactions to fix. Is there a way to correct more than one transaction at a time?
  • bevtough26
    bevtough26 Member
    okay so I have gone thru four months of download changing the charges to payments and vice versa so I can get on with my life and get the reports i need as i am doing this while self isolating.
  • emclaughlin
    emclaughlin Member
    > @UKR said:
    > PC Financial as in "President's Choice" Mastercard?
    >
    > (Removed-Self-Referencing Link)
    >
    > Have you tried this
    > yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?
    >
    > How to refresh financial institution information
    > (Branding)
    >
    > Please read and
    > follow instructions here:
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-added-quicken
    >
    > If that doesn't
    > resolve the issue:
    >
    > * It is the bank's contractual
    > obligation to notify their Account Manager at Intuit Inc. of any changes
    > to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before
    > the change is implemented.
    > * The bank also needs to notify
    > their customers of this change and any actions that might be required by
    > the customer to regain access.
    > * If they didn't do that,
    > complain to your bank's upper level management.
    > * Also contact Quicken Support
    > via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so
    > that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work
    > together with Intuit on solving this update issue.
    >
    > Please let us know
    > if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

Has anyone tried this to see if it works? I have the same problem with PC Financial credit card transaction import where the charges are coming in as payments.
This discussion has been closed.