Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Quicken freezes and has to be restarted every time I do one step update, what can I do to fix it?

I have been having trouble downloading from citybank for a few weeks. I have tried all your fixes but it keep happening. I do one step update, everything works fine except citybank-3 accounts, where it keeps requesting data then it says Quicken not responding and I close quicken and restart. All seems ok but no downloads from citibank. A couple of times I have gotten downloads for a couple of accounts of random transactions from the past which makes several of my accounts corrupt. Then I have to go to the last backup and rebuild. Help!!!

Answers

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @R Warren Langley

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

May I ask that you navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the year and release that you are currently running.

If you are still experiencing a freeze when updating accounts, please go to the Tools menu in Quicken and select "One Step Update"

In the window that opens, are any of the "Online Services" boxes selected?  If so, which ones are selected?

If the "sync to Quicken Cloud" is selected, please uncheck the box and click "Update Now" - does the freeze still occur or does the update complete successfully?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • R Warren LangleyR Warren Langley Member ✭✭
    Version 25.21
    I had all the boxes checked when it froze; I unchecked Sync to the Cloud, update Bills and syn to investments and it worked. I will keep doing it this way as I rarely us the app and the online data and they seem to be part of the problem. The bills updating is really not useful to me as I frequently split bill into various categories and that isn’t done automatically. Basically the online features of quicken are not only not useful they seems to cause problems.
    I tried to reply to your email but it bounced back.