Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Deleting $0.00 Transactions

Our family now uses Apple Pay which results in a number of $0.00 transactions that come in through my download. I do not want these transactions cluttering up my transaction register so I delete them. I can sort the downloaded transactions by amount to put all of the $0.00 transactions together but I have found no way to select multiple transactions to delete in this interface. I have to click EDIT->DELETE->YES on each transaction. Is there an automated way to tell Quicken to ignore $0.00 transactions or quickly delete them in mass?

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26
    You can select the transactions using Windows standard range selection methods or random methods and then right click on one of the highlighted transactions and select DELETE from the dropdown list.
    Select ranges by clicking on a transaction, then scrolling down, hold the SHIFT key down and click on the last transaction in the range.
    Random transactions can be selected by holding down the CTRL key while clicking on the transactions.
    Be careful, make a backup first, once gone, a restore is the only way to get them back.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ggkruppggkrupp Member ✭✭
    That only works if I first accept the transactions as "new" from the download tab and then delete from the register. I wish the range selection methods worked in the download dialog but this will work I suppose.
  • ggkruppggkrupp Member ✭✭
    Thank you
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the Downloaded Transactions tab does not allow for multiple deletes, see this FAQ on dealing with that situation.
    FAQ - Getting rid of transactions in D/L tab 
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list