Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Accounts Toolbar and Account Balances don't match by exactly $1,000.

jsc34615jsc34615 Member ✭✭
I have seen this pop up several times in the discussions and it has never been solved, at least as I can see. My account balance and the tool bar account balance are off by 1K. I have no reminders scheduled, no nothing, it is just consistently off a 1,000. I don't want to delete the account and start over with it, what can I do.

R25.21
Build 27.1.25.21

Answers

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26
    What kind of acct is this - a CC - ?
    And what is the number in the lower right corner, since there is no "text" with it, and looking at all my accts, they all have that kind of summary line - with a variety of different balances....

EDIT - updated topic title to also reflect the $1,000 comment
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26
    Perhaps you're comparing an Ending Balance with a Current Balance?

Or, you may want to verify the register is sorted appropriately and there aren’t any unexpected filters being applied:  open the register, select the Date column header (you want the small triangle to right of Date to point up) and Reset.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • jsc34615jsc34615 Member ✭✭
    It is a CC balance. Balance on left should match balance on right. Sorted by date, no additional transactions. Value in the account bar is 1K less than the ending balance of the register. I have double checked all of the above for months.
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you have a future dated transaction?
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26
    jsc34615 said:
    It is a CC balance.
    Is there ANY text on that bottom line -
    along with the numbers as per my screen grab - it should say what kind of balance -
    It would be nice to see a full screen capture on that entire bottom line area -

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10