Home Welcome to the Community! Questions about using the Community?

Quicken 2017 No Longer Supported

If I elect not to upgrade my Quicken 2017 does this mean I will no longer be able to enter transactions in Quicken Moble and transfer them to my Quicken 2017 on my PC?

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭
    Yes that is correct. Quicken mobile is one of the "online services" that will be blocked.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    True.  ALL ability to download into QW2017 will cease.  Only manual input (into the desktop product) will be allowed UNLESS you're running "Starter Edition".
    If that's the case, then your data file will become "read only" and no input of any type will be allowed.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • robsquickrobsquick Member
    Well that stinks since I don't use Quicken for any online activity, bill payments or downloads. All I want is to interface it with Quicken Mobile I'm quite happy with the way it is.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but downloading from Q Mobile IS an "online activity", and all online activities will end.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • chumbergerchumberger Member
    edited March 27
    [removed - disruptive]
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27

(Removed-Disruptive)
    see this thread and reply:

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Sorry, but downloading from Q Mobile IS an "online activity", and all online activities will end.

I'm not sure if this was directed at the comment I made or not.

Totally agree that Quicken Mobile will be blocked. What I was pointing out is that Quicken 2017 Starter will not become "read-only", you can still enter transactions manually (and even do QIF imports for that matter, but not QFX imports). It is Quicken Subscription Starter that will become "read-only" if the subscription is allowed to expire.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)