Home Before you Buy

Quicken pricing strategy vs customer retention?

:| Is anyone else concerned about the recent decision to suspend the aboility to download unless you get a subscription? I used to upgrade every few years, but this new edict forces us all to "subscribe" at the rate equivalent to a yearly upgrade. Without the ability to downlaod your transactions Quicken is useless. As a 15 plus year user, is it time for me to rethink using this product? How about my yearly taxes also to quicken? how about my mortgage- also to quicken?

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that changed with the introduction of the term "subscription" was the length of the subscription.
    Going back 10+ years, Q had a "sunset date'.  That was, previously 3.5 years from RELEASE of the product.  At which point all downloads were disabled.
    NOT, it's about 1 year (but sometimes more, shop around) from PURCHASE date.

And, your last 2 sentences make no sense whatsoever, at least to me.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • dolphndudedolphndude Member
    The last 2 sentences are questions about whether or not it’s time to find other solutions for banking, taxes and mortgage. Having been a loyal customer so long makes me question if they are just going to keep this up thinking there won’t be pushback -then they have another thing coming.