Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

setting up a new foreign currency account

Hello,

Trying to set up a foreign currency. In the past I used to be able to do it based on:
https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-set-foreign-currency-account
but this no longer works (in the subscription based windows quicken).

Please help

Comments

• Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whereabout in the process to create a foreign currency account is it failing for you?  I can follow the process on the Quicken Support page and I see the option to select a currency.

A couple of points:
    • You must have Deluxe or above to use foreign currency accounts - they aren't available in the Starter Edition.
    • You need to enable multi currency support in Edit > Preferences > Calendar and currency.
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
  • jfuchs
    jfuchs Member
    Dan,

Thank you for your response. Once I set it up in the preference, it worked.

May I ask another related question: Why can’t I use foreign accounts in the mobile version of quicken? Am I doing something wrong ?

Jacob
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @jfuchs

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

At this time syncing foreign accounts to the mobile app is unsupported.

There is ongoing Idea post available here, this has been marked as "Under Consideration" meaning it's being reviewed by the development team for possible implementation.

However, there is no ETA available on when or if this feature will be available.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jfuchs
    jfuchs Member
    Dear Tyka,

I first communicated to Quicken (i.e., Intuit) about this issue over 10 years ago.

I was told the same thing along the lines you responded.

I was also requested to place a formal request for this feature (which I did).

I am sorry to see that this feature is still not implemented.

Please forward this email to the top management of your company.

Thanks,

Jacob
This discussion has been closed.