Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I define a Quick Pay or Check Pay Payee where I have 2 account numbers?

My wife and I both have separate accounts with the same biller. Bill Manager appears unable to let me define both using the same Biller name. How should/can this be handled?

Comments

• kmckinnon
    kmckinnon Member ✭✭
    I have this same problem with another Biller, AT&T where I receive a bill for cell phone service on one account number and another bill for TV and Internet service using another account number. I can't seem to figure out how to define the two accounts for the same biller name.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Hello @kmckinnon,

Thank you for reaching out to the community with your question, and I apologize that you have not received a response yet.

To better assist you, I just need some additional information if you don't mind-- 
    1. Which Quicken version release are you running?
    Help > About Quicken
    2. If you're connecting Quicken to the biller using online services (Online bill reminders)-- Do the 2 separate accounts use the same or different username(s) when accessing the accounts on the biller's website? Or are you trying to add these bill reminders manually?
    3. Do you receive any error messages or are you just not finding a way to set up the 2nd account?

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • kmckinnon
    kmckinnon Member ✭✭
    1. I have the subscription of Quicken Premier 2020
    2. Separate Accounts use same name.
    3. When trying to + a new Online Biller Quicken says the Biller already exists.
    I have been able to + multiple Manual Billers (Chaeck Pay) with the same name by using the {comment} after the Biller name as is done in Bill Pay. While this lets me + multiple Manual Billers the Bills & Income Tab do not display the comment.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2020
    Thank you for the additional information!
    I was able to replicate the issue you described within my own Quicken program as I also have multiple accounts with the same biller (I normally don't use the online biller feature for my own personal use). The result that I got was that once it successfully connected to the biller-- the program simply informed me that the biller was successfully added, but I was not given the option to choose which or how many accounts I wanted to add from this biller nor was it clear to me on which account was added. So, I attempted to go in and re-add/connect to the same biller as you said you did as well and got the same "Biller already added"-error message you said you got. 
    I also checked all our available resources to search around and see if I could find any information to confirm and/or verify that-- the closest thing I found was one of our Quicken articles with information on the "Biller already added"-error message, which you're welcome to review that yourself too by clicking on this link if you'd like. 
    Unfortunately, I was unable to find anything specific in regards to the issue you're experiencing in regards to trying to add multiple (2) accounts with the same biller. 
    So, I suspect that it's very likely that this would indicate the program currently not being designed to have that ability, unfortunately. 
    Alternatively, you can also contact Quicken Support via phone or chat and speak with one of our customer/technical support reps to see if they are able to troubleshoot it with you. If necessary, they can also get in touch with other departments that they are able to reach out to and inquire about it on your behalf.
    -Quicken Anja 
    Quicken Support Current Hours of Operation:
    8:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT
    • Quicken Phone Support - Monday through Friday
    • Quicken Chat Support - 7 days a week

-Quicken Anja
  • kmckinnon
    kmckinnon Member ✭✭
    Thank you Anja for the Quick reply. Can you forward this to Quicken/Quicken Bill Manager software developers for consideration as an improvement?
  • Quicken Anja
    Unfortunately, I do not have direct contact with our software developers. However, I did submit an error report on this matter through the program which does go straight to our development team.

If you wish to do the same, please follow the steps below--
    Do as you did before to get the "Biller already added"-error message > Take a screenshot of the message once it populates and save it to your computer > Go to Help > Report a problem > Describe/explain the issue as you did here > click on "Attach additional files" to attach the screenshot that displays the error message > Send to Quicken

I can't guarantee that you will receive a response by taking this action, however, doing this does create a ticket in order to have the matter reviewed and looked into.

I hope this information serves to be useful to you!

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • npd563
    npd563 Member ✭✭
    Hello
    If I am understanding what you are asking!
    I had the same problem. I have two Bank of America accounts. I solved my problem by distinguishing between the two accounts by adding a description for each in the description box. Example I used the last four numbers of each account! VC 1234 and MC 1234 (VC-Visa Card and MC-Mastercard)
  • dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭
    This does work. You can also enclose the description on the vendor name line by enclosing in ellipse's { } with no space.e.g., VENDOR{att-2}
This discussion has been closed.