Home Quicken for Windows Registers & Transactions (Windows)

how do I delete an unwanted mortgage loan adjustment inserted by Quicken?

:) The adjustment was inserted by Quicken which makes the balance incorret. It is grayed out so I cannot simply delete it.

Comments

• Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @rabc3rd

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I'm just wondering here, is the account manual entry or is it downloaded from the bank? Depending on method here will let us know if we're able to change transactions. Downloaded accounts do not let us change any information inside of the loan but manual accounts do let us adjust it. If it is a manual account go to the account that the transfer was made from and click on the transaction. Once clicked on you should be able to go to the split button and see how much is feeding directly into the account and adjust it. Also, look in the bills and income tab to see if it's potentially a reminder that hasn't been entered in the register yet if it is a manual loan.

I would also recommend looking at our support article here for more information regarding loans in quicken 

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• rabc3rdrabc3rd Member
    Thank you for your response Quicken Francisco.

The adjustment was definitely not a manual input. I found the mortgage loan turned on in the download part of Quicken. I turned it off.

I've been using Quicken for over 15 years and never used that. Must have been turned on during an update.

So the bottom line is that it cannot be removed, correct? Can I input a manual adjustment to offset the one downloaded?

Bob
  • Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Hello @rabc3rd

I believe you should be able to adjust the data manually now that you have. If you go to the account are you able to edit the transactions inside of the account now?

I'm not entirely sure if you are able to but if you're not we should be able to easily set it up as another loan and you'll put in the details. Once it comes to payments we should just need to set it up with your checking account to accurately reflect how much is going towards principal and how much towards interest.

This split shows how you should have it set up so that only principal is sent over to the loan account. I believe that you download from the bank from the sounds of it so you would just need to check the principal/interest and it should start showing accurately each time. This would give you complete control so that you're able to edit any transactions if needed. 

Hope this helps you out!

Thanks,
    -Quicken Francisco
  • rabc3rdrabc3rd Member
    "I believe you should be able to adjust the data manually now that you have. If you go to the account are you able to edit the transactions inside of the account now?"

I cannot. It is a auto downloaded adjustment. No corresponding account.