Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Update bills does not refresh bills

1. Doing One Step Update/Refresh Bills did not change the status of one of my credit cards that was in the state of "Awaiting next bill".
2. So I did "Validate Online billers" and it said local bills were in sync with the server.
3. On this specific credit card, I did Refresh bill and it changed its status to being due April 20, with the correct balance.
4. File Validate/Repair and Super Validate do not show any errors.

Refresh Bills and Validate Online billers do not appear to work - must we do an individual "Refresh Bill" to every credit card awaiting next bill daily, to have an accurate schedule of bills due? I hope not.

Note - this is not something that just occurs with one credit card.

Quicken Premier 2020, R25.21, Build 27.1.25.21 - USA version
Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.172)
Internet connection - XFinity cable, 1Gb d/l, 40 Mbps u/l

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2020
    Hello @Don Awalt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To better assist you, first, I'd like to collect just a couple more details from you.

1. How long have you been experiencing this issue?
    2. Did this issue occur before or after installing the latest version release R25.21?
    3. If it did occur prior to R25.21-- Do you by chance recall which version release this issue started with? (No worries if you don't recall, I understand not everyone pays attention to this)

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Quicken Anja, it's been longer than R25.21, but I can't really say how long as I have found the feature to be inconsistent in how well it works - for quite awhile I find amount due is wrong, bills don't update, etc. Sorry I can't be more specific.
  • Quicken Anja
    Don Awalt said:
    Hi @Quicken Anja, it's been longer than R25.21, but I can't really say how long as I have found the feature to be inconsistent in how well it works - for quite awhile I find amount due is wrong, bills don't update, etc. Sorry I can't be more specific.
    That's okay, any info you can give will help. Do you know if it's ever worked correctly for you?
    -Quicken Anja
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oh sure, plenty of times! 
  • Tammy Van Buren
    Tammy Van Buren Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue.
    Quicken Premier 2020
    Version: R26.21
    Build: 27.1.26.21
    Windows 10 PRO, Version 1809; OS Build 17763.1158

I have refreshed, un-linked and re-added, Validate and Super Validate. Also happening to only one bill.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @Don Awalt and @Tammy Van Buren,

I apologize for the delay in my response.

I suggest trying the steps instructed in this Community post as it has worked for other users in the past.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • Tammy Van Buren
    Tammy Van Buren Member ✭✭
    This only made a mess of my file. It deleted passwords and then when I updated the passwords, years of transactions downloaded into my investment accounts. The bill is still not updating. Again, it is only for one specific company. It used to work just fine, unfortunately I cannot pinpoint the exact time it started to fail
This discussion has been closed.