Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

My 11 Capital One accounts do not update

I have reset the update but nothing changes. I have checked all the accounts in their unique setup process. But no matter what I do only 1 of the accounts gets updated.

Best Answer

• Bryan Cerutti
    Bryan Cerutti Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    That worked! As I was following your directions I found that the list of Capital One accounts included one that was closed. And it was "checked" to be downloaded. It was eliminated once I deactivated/reactivated all my accounts. That was likely causing a problem with my link to the bank.
    Thanks for your help with this. I really appreciate it.
    Bryan

Answers

• Bryan Cerutti
    Bryan Cerutti Member ✭✭
    Additional Info: I can log into my Capital One online account and download each of the 11 bank accounts transactions into a file which I can then use to update Quicken. That is time consuming. I would rather have Quicken download all of the bank accounts at once.
  • Hello @Bryan Cerutti

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I just have a couple of questions. Did they stop updating recently? Do they pull any error message when you update them? When you checked each setup process did you deactivate and reactivate the accounts? Depending on if any errors pull up would help us in troubleshooting the issue.

I do see you also connected them via web connect so we might need to reconnect them. If you right click on the account in the account list go to edit/delete account. at the top there should be 3 tabs and you want to click on online services. While there there should be a small blue box with a text in blue saying "Your financial institution supports and improved connection method. Click here to find out more and get set up" Once the prompt is followed it should reconnect your accounts inside of quicken.

Please let us know  if this helps at resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Bryan Cerutti
    Bryan Cerutti Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your quick response. In response to your questions; this has been a problem since Capital One changed their access method. I sometimes got 2 or 3 of my 11 accounts to be updated but I never got them all to update. I have gotten error messages from time to time, but have always resolved them by following the Quicken prompts. Currently I am getting a error message on my "One Step Update Summary" screen that says "Needs your attention" in a background of red. Under that is "Capital One Bank - New" and under that is "12 accounts". There are no error codes as such. By the way, the 12th account is a joint account in someone else's name that I can access. Might that be a problem?

Question for you... should I deactivate/reactivate all of the accounts at once, or do them one at a time? Also, I have set up 2 access points to Capital One; one for my credit card and one for my 11 Capital One 360 savings/checking accounts. That was required a couple of years ago. Is it still required? Should I try to merge them or leave them separate?

I do appreciate your help with this. Thanks!

Bryan
  • Thank you for the information. I would recommend starting off by saving a backup first just to make sure you have something to go back to. When deactivating accounts deactivate all of them at once and the reconnect them at once as well. 

As far as keeping them as two separate accounts on the banks side that should be fine. We just want to make sure we get them all relinked to the correct spot and see if we're able to fix those errors  

Last thing about the joint account, that should be fine as well. 

Try it out and please let me know if that fixes the issue!

Thanks,

-Quicken Francisco
  • Bryan Cerutti
    Bryan Cerutti Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    That worked! As I was following your directions I found that the list of Capital One accounts included one that was closed. And it was "checked" to be downloaded. It was eliminated once I deactivated/reactivated all my accounts. That was likely causing a problem with my link to the bank.
    Thanks for your help with this. I really appreciate it.
    Bryan
This discussion has been closed.