Please create setting to adjust font size for entire program

leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
The "Use Large Fonts" setting is just not granular enough.  There should be a scale and % adjustment for font size for the entire program.
Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @leishirsute

Quicken's normal font is the same size as the font in every other program. And the Large pumps that up to 125%. So how can you read all the other programs/icon text and such on your machine?

The "normal" way to fix everything being too small in Windows would be to change the Windows scaling, that would scale up everything on the screen.

Have you tried that?
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I will try that.  I have tried changing screen display resolution, the font is enlarged, but the resolution seems to suffer.  I will see if text scaling works.
    Many of the other apps, like Seamonkey browser, have their own font settings capability.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I tried "Make Text Bigger" in Windows 10 and Quicken ignores the setting.
    I dug further and set WIndows 10 "Custom Font Size for Apps" and that appears to have done the trick.  Saving my eyes.  Thanks.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you found how to do it.

I remembered seeing "Make Text Bigger", but couldn't find it, and so I search the web for it and found it. You are using the Ease of Access settings. There are some extra settings in there. The one that scales everything is the "Make everything bigger". This setting is also on the main Display settings (Under System) as "Scale and layout".
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    The custom size is under the Advanced scaling settings in the Scale and Layout section.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is notable that Quicken totally ignores font size settings from Windows for certain pop-up windows like the One Step update progress window and uses a very small font.
This discussion has been closed.