Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

One step update summary: x of y quotes and investing headlines updated. See a report.

'See a report' is a link, presumably to holdings in y but not in x. The report shows 0 entries - true for a long time. Am I the only one to see this?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @Jeff Kantner,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

It seems that the Community may need a bit more information to be able to further assist. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Jeff KantnerJeff Kantner Member ✭✭
    Sorry to be slow in reply.. got tangled up in taxes :( . Not quite sure what more information you'd be looking for. As my attached snip shows, on completion of download Q displays "225 of 286" quotes/headlines updated. Included is a "See a report" link. Clicking it leads to the 'report' saying "no new quotes or headlines were downloaded for the securities below" - where the only security 'name' shows 0. Not of any help.
    Your link leads to a page with a comment about *official* Q support. But if there is a way to report an issue directly to Quicken, it seems well-hidden. Every link I clicked leads me to either 'search known issues' or back to the community. What'm I missing? (Yes, I did log in.)
    Thx,
    Jeff Kantner
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you click on the blue HERE in Natalie's message to see what add'l info was requested?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Jeff KantnerJeff Kantner Member ✭✭
    Ah, jumped immediately to the details, skipped right over the title. Doh!
    Quicken for Windows, currently at v27.1.25.21, and counting
    Windows 10, currently v10.0.18362.720
    Connected via RJ45 to Pace DSL router (model 5268AC FXN) at 6mps max download.
    Holler if you need more.

Jeff Kantner
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you have a security that has a "bad" security CUSPID. I had a similar issue with AT&T even though the symbol was correct I had to delete and reenter. It's been fine ever since.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
  • KeithSCDCKeithSCDC Member ✭✭
    I have having the same problem, removed all CUSPID, from all securities, and did not fix. On latest version of Q R26.23.
    Any other ideas. If it is a bad security, how can I find it?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @KeithSCDC

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

I would next recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka