Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

The new Bill Pay Manager doesn't show up as an option. I have Home, Business & Rental Property 2020

I have followed all of the instructions in the announcement to change to the new Bill pay manager. Under tools, there is no option for Bill Pay Manager and the "online payees" is not lit as an option.

Comments

• Me too. R25.21
  • mtwolff3
    mtwolff3 Member ✭✭
    I've done both of these and I'm using the updated version. I'm wondering if using the Business and Rental version has something to do with it. The rental property version isn't that popular.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    How far along have you got, did you add an online bill?
    Did you get to the menu selection for setting it up as shown in my screenshot?
    EDIT - adding instream graphic for easier reading

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mtwolff3
    mtwolff3 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for your help. Your screen lists the manager option. That option isn't listed on my screen (attached). I have the latest subscription as well It's just that it is the rental one, which is above the premier.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    EDIT -- - adding instream screen grabs for easier reading ....
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mtwolff3 said:
    Thanks for your help. Your screen lists the manager option. That option isn't listed on my screen (attached). I have the latest subscription as well It's just that it is the rental one, which is above the premier.

The option isn't on your screen because you have already set up the Quicken Bill Manager.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    mtwolff3 said:
    Thanks for your help. Your screen lists the manager option. That option isn't listed on my screen (attached).
    What is --->  Payment Accounts -
    that is listed as the last item..... seems like that might be your, well, QBM accounts -
    Didn't you have to walk thru a "setup" for that, with the small amounts getting deposited into your "Payment Account" ?
    OR ----
    Are those the accounts from the old Quicken Bill Pay - and NOT the newer QBM ??
    Sorry... I only have Quicken Deluxe - so I don't see either one...

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @ps56k

Quicken Bill Pay and Quicken bill pay through Direct Connect both get setup in the Online Tab of the account, not in the Bills tab.

The reason the new Bills Manager is setup/works differently is because it is the same third party service providing the "Bill Presentment" that was added a few years ago.

@mtwolff3

Since you have got past the finding and running the initial setup for Bill Manager I really can't help since I haven't done that setup (I have no bills I want to pay for this way). As in other than seeing it in the instructions I can't see the "Payment Accounts for Quicken Bill Manager" dialog and as such can't even guess at what the problem is. Someone that is actually using the service will have to help past this point.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Kathryn or @Quicken_Tyka can you please comment/provide guidance on this problem?
    Signature:
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited March 2020
    Hello @Chris_QPW

Thank you for the tag, @Sherlock is correct, the Quicken Bill manager process has successfully been set up.

The next step would be to use the Quicken Bill manger.

@mtwolff3

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the information available here to learn how to make payments.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Chris_QPW

Thank you for the tag, @Sherlock is correct, the Quicken Bill Pay manager process has successfully been set up.

The next step would be to use the Quicken Bill Pay manger.

@mtwolff3

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the information available here to learn how to make payments.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    @Quicken_Tyka

I never said anything about Quicken Bill Pay.  There is already enough confusion between between Quicken Bill Pay and Quicken Bill Manager.  You should certainly know better.

It is apparent @mtwolff3 has already set up Quicken Bill Manager and even issued Quick payments.

The issue is @mtwolff3 and @[email protected] appear to believe there is supposed to be a Tools >  Bill Pay Manager and that Tools > Online Payee List should be available when there are no online payees.  

Referring @mtwolff3 to the available documentation has not been sufficient.

Online payees apply to online payments that may be scheduled using Quicken Bill Pay or online bill payment services provided by financial institutions using the Direct Connect connection method.

Quicken Bill Manager refers to a distinct concept: an online bill.  Online bills are used to obtain billing statements from online billers.  Online bills may optionally be linked to reminders.  Quick Pay may be used to pay an online biller when an online bill is available.

This discussion has been closed.