Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How can I retreat back to Quicken 2007 from Quicken 2017

I would be willing to pay the continuing price of 2017 if you would just let me go back to Quicken 2007. It was easy, never made a mistake i could not easily correct, and it took no time to reconcile my bank statement. Now every action takes very long, and the program most recently listed all my checks in random order rather than in date order.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @texaslawman.net,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your concerns.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your Quicken 2017 product.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to retreat back to your previous 2007 program.

As far as the issue concerning your checks being listed in a random order rather than by date-- Click here to review the FAQ in regards to that issue.

Hope this info is useful to you! 

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Unfortunately, there is not a way to retreat back to your previous 2007 program.
    Actually, that is NOT correct. You CAN go back to QM2007 as long as you are willing to sacrifice any investment records. You can export to QTMF and import that back into QM2007.

Note that depending on the complexity of your data, there may be some anomalies to clean up.

That said, to re-sort your transactions in any register, simply click on the column heading, so if you click Date, it will sort ascending or click again to sort descending. Also do consider if you are accepting the Post-Dated date from your FI/Bank if you are downloading your data. In QMac, change the setting in Connected Services tab of the Preferences  "Use posted date for matched transaction (instead of the date you entered manually)."

As for improving reconciliation in modern Mac, consider  adding your VOTE to:
    as a small sample. For a more complete list related to items to vote on related to reconciliation, take a look at the List of Requests for Reconciliation Process.

First, click on each underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THAT feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a moment for your vote to register).
    (If the triangle is black, your vote has already been counted.)

Your VOTES matter!

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @smayer97,

Yes, that export/import QTMF is an available option, however, we advise against doing that for various reasons.

Also, if he were to go that route-- he would still need the install disk in order to reinstall Quicken 2007, which is an unsupported product we no longer offer for sale.

Best wishes,

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Fair enough but the OP did not indicate the lack of QM2007. Also, this forum allows support for ALL versions, and the OP requested info about an unsupported version. It is incorrect to state that it is not possible when it clearly is, unsupported or not.

And just to be sure, the feature to use QTMF as a migration path was actually recently put back in by Quicken because users asked for it. So again it does not seem right to omit that solution.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
This discussion has been closed.