Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

I am using Quicken 2014, recently, after updating my banking, a pop up shut me out.Why?

The pop up screen advised me to contact Intuit. The report provided isn't clear to me. It mentions crash.............why so?

Comments

• volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if you are really using 2014 that hasn't been able to update or download transactions & quotes for a very long time, years.  Do you mean manually updating?  
  • Yes, am updating manually..............don't require downloads, just use Quicken to keep personal finances UTD.
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 28
    Hello @Sandra Poupore,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your concern.

Unfortunately, if you are using Quicken 2014-- this product is no longer supported for connected services. What this means is-- any and all Quicken products prior to Quicken 2017 are no longer supported to download transactions from financial institutions.

All of our products (Quicken 2017 is scheduled to be included at the end of April) are being/have been moved to our latest subscription model Quicken 2020, and will require users to have an active subscription in order to connect with financial institution and download account information.

You can find more detailed info on this in our "Discontinuation Policy" by clicking here to review the FAQ.

Hope this info is useful for you! 

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28
    Your file may be experiencing data corruption. Try loading a backup file to see if that clears the no load condition. If you are able to open a backup, you should perform a validation.
    And for clarification, what do you mean by updating your banking?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • Thank you all for your responses. We have re-loaded a backup and that seems to help.

For clarification................I am NOT a client who downloads banking.

I will soon purchase the more recent edition of Quicken.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @Sandra Poupore said:
    > For clarification................I am NOT a client who downloads banking.
    >
    > I will soon purchase the more recent edition of Quicken.

You might not want to purchase a new version of Quicken, the main reason to do so is to keep the ability to download transactions and other online services.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
This discussion has been closed.