Cannot save a custom View for a Saved Report - with expanded categories

gsarchitect
gsarchitect Member
edited March 2020 in Reports (Windows)
I cannot seem to save a custom View for a Saved Report; for instance after setting up the report template (selecting Categories, Payees, Date Range, etc) I want to expand certain categories but leave others collapsed. After doing that I save the report again with the new expanded categories and close. When I re-open the Saved Report all the categories go back to their default collapsed view.

Thank you!

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited March 2020
    Hello @gsarchitect,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with Custom Saved Reports in Quicken, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Please also let us know the type of Report that you are experiencing these difficulties with, as I am unable to replicate this behavior with a few different Report types that I have tried thus far.

You may also find this Support Article to be helpful in identifying a solution.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I cannot seem to save a custom View for a Saved Report; for instance after setting up the report template (selecting Categories, Payees, Date Range, etc) I want to expand certain categories but leave others collapsed. After doing that I save the report again with the new expanded categories and close. When I re-open the Saved Report all the categories go back to their default collapsed view.

Thank you!
    That is 'normal' behavior.  The Save part is with regard to accounts, securities, payees, etc.  There is no intent that the Save apply to which parts are expanded or collapsed. 

Perhaps this should be changed to an Idea Post.

Comment retracted as apparently out-of-date or not applicable to this report.
  • gsarchitect
    gsarchitect Member
    Natalie,

The report is a Spending-Itemized Category report. When I setup the report (I have s sample Pic but I cannot find a place to upload it on this post) the primary categories are collapsed. I want a view where “some” of the categories are expanded. When I expand those selected categories and re-save the report and close it, after I open the report again it does not save the view where the selected categories had been expanded and I have to repeat the task every time I open the report…very frustrating.

Thank you,
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I open that report, expand categories and save it, they remain expanded when I open the saved report.  Are you saving the report to a new name in saved reports?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• gsarchitect
    gsarchitect Member
    Thx for the feedback. Very strange, under no circumstance can I get that to happen. I tried it both ways: I save the report under the same name and I also save it under a different name but same result. Every time I open that report the categories reset to collapsed view.

Sincerely,
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Are you saving via the disk icon on the top of the report?  Have you tried that using the button on that dialog box that says "save copy" to see if that works?

• gsarchitect
    gsarchitect Member
    Yes and yes.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version are you on?

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    This has been an issue with many reports for 5+ years.  It does not matter if I contract all categories and save the report either to the same name, save as a copy or a new name the results are the same.  When I reopen the report the changes are NOT saved.  I have tried recreating one of the reports from scratch, same results.
This discussion has been closed.