Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

My bank information is not downloading

Although Quicken automatic update was logging in and going through the motions, I have not had an update since 8/30/2019 from my PNC Bank accounts. Using 2017 and 2020, when I run manually I get this error:

The desktop Transaction in Greg 0944 on 06.21.2019 for $-5.15 was not synced. Illegal Operation: (0)

This item is in my Quicken register and looks properly entered. I don't know if this error is connecting to the lack of updating but, based on the dates, I expect not.

My 2017 license was good until Feb 2020. I updated it in Jan and it's good till 2022

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reset your cloud data set: select Edit > Preferences...Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts, and Reset your Cloud data.

If the issue persists, I suggest you contact Quicken Support:  https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
  • GHebert
    GHebert Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Eastern time. I will try it in the morning and let you know.
  • GHebert
    GHebert Member ✭✭
    I do not have an entry for Cloud Data on my ID and Mobile alerts screen. I'll Google and investigate. Support isn't open until Monday.
  • GHebert
    GHebert Member ✭✭
    Duh! It's the next one down. It says my Account name is Q17. Should I change it to something else, like, Q20? Will this cause it to start from the beginning or will I lose data.
  • GHebert
    GHebert Member ✭✭
    There is not way to delete or edit comments. Here is the problem. When I hover over the nickname box I see that it must be four characters. Q17 is only three. I changed it to Hebert.QDF. When I click on Cloud Accounts associated with your Quicken files, I now see two:

Account File Name Account Created
    Hebert.QDF_ Q17.QDF 2/13/18
    Quicken-Deafult-2017 Hebert.QDF 7/24/2017

2/13/18 is when I bought my 2020 license and thought it installed but didn't until we did our work yesterday

Should I have just one and if so, which one do I delete. Is the data on my machine the master copy that uploads to the Cloud so I don't have to worry about deleting the wrong one on the cloud?
  • GHebert
    GHebert Member ✭✭
    I read this. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows. It did not tell me the ramifications of deleting a file. It did tell me I would be unable to delete "the open one". Reading between the lines, I am assessing that I can delete the Quicken Default one, keep the GHebert one. If default is being used, it won't let me so I would delete GHebert instead. And it implies that if I accidently delete one with data in it, the dataset on my computer will remake the copy on the cloud. I'll do a backup on my computer first in case the empty file on the could decides to overwrite my computer. They really need to have more complete instructions. The opportunity for disaster is great.

I think the 2018 account opened because I installed the App at that time.

I am first going to try turning off the Cloud sync in the Update box and just have my computer go directly to the bank and see what happens.
  • GHebert
    GHebert Member ✭✭
    Important note: The file name on my computer is Q17. This leads me to believe that Account GHebert, file Q17 is the correct file and the default is not used.
  • GHebert
    GHebert Member ✭✭
    Partial success. Two of my accounts updated. Two accounts that were modified by the bank after my initial setup did not. I was going to deactivate them and reactivate them but the help says not to do it without Support.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account
  • GHebert
    GHebert Member ✭✭
    Got it. Turned off Sync to Cloud. Hit Update from Bank. Once it logged in, an extra security question came up and it logged in. When I had Sync to Cloud turned on, it stepped on the request for the extra security question. I'll check with Support. Two accounts updated, two did not.

Then, discovered Tools>Account List> Edit>Online Services Tab>Reset Account. I was able to reset the two accounts. It looks like Quicken was pointing to a wrong account and had me direct to the correct account.

This is because two bank accounts were removed because they don't exist at the back anymore. Probably messed up Quicken's pointer.

All done
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you got there.
This discussion has been closed.