Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Bug with 25.19 release

:/ Since I installed this latest version, the export of bank reconciliation data has been working partially. After the download, Quicken performs part of the transaction integration operations. At the end of this step, Quicken stops abruptly. After Quicken restarts, the new stransactions as well as the new account balance appear, but there is one missing data with the actual transaction date.
Tagged:

Comments

• SilverfoxSilverfox Member ✭✭
    When I download transaction data from Canadian Capital One the account currency in Account details changes from Canadian Dollar to US dollar. What is the fix for this?
  • moose80moose80 Member
    Have you tried this?
    Edit ---> Preferences ---> Calendar and currency ---> Multicurrency Support
  • PLRPLR Member ✭✭✭
    Since up date R25.19 Quicken crash during One step update and also with updating baking datas by Royal Bank of Canada website .
    After 3 hours on phone with Quicken support , issue isn't solve.
  • PLRPLR Member ✭✭✭
    I use Windows 8,1
  • EndureFortEndureFort Member ✭✭
    Using Windows 10. System just did automatic update to V. R25.19 Build 27.1.25.19 this morning. Same issue. Quicken crashes and generates a bug report when updating from online banking .QFX downloads. Have tried saving the files and importing off desktop as alternative but same result in quicken crashes.
  • scottscott Member ✭✭
    When I do the One Step update to download the latest security prices I have the same issue on V. R25.19 Build 27.1.25.19 using the latest release of Windows 10. I do not download from any banks or financial institutions.
  • PLRPLR Member ✭✭✭
    A bit "happy" to read that you have the same problem with Windows 10 then mine with Windows 8,1.
    When I chatted with first line Quicken help service , they suggested me that issue was du to Windows 8,1 but on phone with higher rank of helper they answered me that they will work on this issue to solve it
  • PLRPLR Member ✭✭✭
    Answering to Scott, I have also the same problem with updating security prices .
    So it's clear that this issue come from R25.19 and I hope Quicken will soon put forward a patch to solve it.
  • PLRPLR Member ✭✭✭
    Well no super helper seems to be on duty
  • SilverfoxSilverfox Member ✭✭
    I am running rel R25.19 and I do not have tab Calendar and currency, just Calendar. I do not want multicurrency support. I want the account to stay in Canadian funds when I download from Capital One.
  • kemo9kemo9 Member
    Same issue with R25.19 Build 27.1.25.19. Crashes when updating security price history
  • Record_ZRecord_Z Member
    Hey,

Since the new Quicken update, Quicken crashes when I download the credit card transactions from my BMO account. It crashes if I download straight into Quicken or even if I save them on my Desktop and then try to insert them into Quicken. I am the only person experiencing this problem? Is there any solutions or workarounds?

Win 10; Quicken 2020; Version R25.19; Build 27.1.25.19 Edition: Canada
  • rojemejumurojemejumu Member
    Since the update R25.19 I cannot open the bank files. Quicken Crash
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited March 28
    Hello @Silverfox,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize for any frustration incurred.

Would you mind letting us know the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken, as well as the Connection Type being used?

You can find this information by going to Tools>Account List:

Additionally, you may find this ongoing Discussion regarding an issue of this nature to be helpful/informative in finding a solution.

Let us know!

-Quicken Natalie

• PLRPLR Member ✭✭✭
    Several other Canadian users of Quicken have the same issue. Worst : Quicken crash always after trying to up date data from One Step or directly from bank accounts .Hope that Quicken will fix soon this bug coming from R25.19
  • NopperTNopperT Member
    Same here, crashes after downloading bank transactions. Tried 4+ times 2 banks, crashes every time. Started after installing the latest update.

Using:
    Year: 2020
    Version: R25.19
    Build: 27.1.25.19
    Edition: Canada

This started after the latest update.
  • PLRPLR Member ✭✭✭
    I'm just asking when Quicken will release a new update to correct bug with update R25.19 which do crash Quicken when we try to update data's with "One step" or directly from bank website.
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 29
    Hello @mrochette01,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your issue, and sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Unfortunately, a few other customers have reported issues after installing this version.

If you'd like, you can verify whether or not this bug is being caused by the R25.19 version release by reverting back to the previous version release R22.29.

You can find this previous version release to download and install it manually yourself by clicking here.

If you decide to do so-- please do let us know whether or not reverting back resolves the issue you are experiencing. This way, we can report this release issue to the proper channels and get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Also, please be sure to save a backup prior to installing. 

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • mrochette01mrochette01 Member
    Hi, thanks for following up. I'll think about it before I go back. For your information, I update at least three times a day. The problem arose following the update to R25.19.
    Hi, thanks for following up. I'll think about it before I go back. For your information, I update at least three times a day. The problem arose following the update to R25.19.
  • Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @rojemejumu

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about the issue you're having. We're currently experiencing some issues with the latest release R25.19.

We're currently reporting the issue and looking into getting it resolved 

If you'd like, you can revert back to the previous version before the R25.19 version so that you're able to have your quicken running in the meantime.

You can find this previous version release to download and install it manually yourself by clicking here and downloading the R22.29 Mondo Patch.

Also, please be sure to save a backup prior to installing. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

The 25.21 release is not available through Help->Check for updates. Where can I get the patch?
    The 25.21 release is not available through Help->Check for updates. Where can I get the patch?
    R25.21 is the U.S. latest version release. So, that one wouldn't work for yours.

Click here and you will find the version release R22.29 which is the one prior to R25.19. Be sure that the link says "Patch Release Installs for Quicken Windows Canadian" at the top of the page to get the correct patch. If it says U.S. then there should be an orange hyper link on the page that you can click on to get to the Canadian patches. 

Let us know if you still have trouble finding it!

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • PLRPLR Member ✭✭✭
    To Quicken Francisco and Quicken Anja
    Thanks for your help.
    I will try this afternoon to put back R22.29 and will inform you after but I'm sure that issue come from R25.19 because everything was running well before I downloaded R25.19.
  • Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Thank you for taking time to visit the community and report the issue. It's currently being investigated. 

To be notified of any updates please click here and follow the alert by clicking the yellow star on the upper right.

-Quicken Francisco
    Hello, I installed version 22.29. It works very well.
    Hello, I installed version 22.29. It works very well.
    Perfect! Glad to hear that's working and thank you for getting back to us and letting us know!

Meanwhile the issue has been reported and is currently being investigated. 

To be notified of any updates please click here and follow the alert by clicking the yellow star on the upper right.

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
    Thank you for your support. I'm still waiting for the next patch.
  • PLRPLR Member ✭✭✭
    To mrochette,
    Did you desinstalled Quicken to do so because I tried to execute R22.29 with a copy of Quicken on my computer and it didn't work.
    As Quicken wrote in Alert, I think we must delete Quicken and reinstalle it to be able to run R22.29.
    Am'i right ?
    PLR said:
    To mrochette,
    Did you desinstalled Quicken to do so because I tried to execute R22.29 with a copy of Quicken on my computer and it didn't work.
    As Quicken wrote in Alert, I think we must delete Quicken and reinstalle it to be able to run R22.29.
    Am'i right ?
    If you tried the patch from the initial link provided and it does not work, then yes go ahead and follow what the alert says and uninstall/reinstall Quicken to revert it back. The R25.19 release has been removed from the program. So, for those that already installed it can revert back either through the patch or uninstall/reinstall.
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.