Bill Manager/Check Pay--can't verify the account

I have begun the verification process with two of my checking accounts. However, the third one will not work. I keep getting an error that says "Error verifying account for Check Pay - could not delete existing account with this routing/account number." I have already tried doing a validate/repair. I have also deactivated and re-activated the account. I have no problem updating the account and downloading transactions. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Jeffrey Requadt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First-- if you don't mind, I will need some additional information in order to better assist you.

I assumed you attempted to verify the account using the small deposit amounts that you received after setting the account up for Bill Pay Manager. 

If so, were you given the option to request new deposits?
    Also, have you or have you not clicked on that option before or after attempting to verify the first time?

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • Jeffrey Requadt
    Jeffrey Requadt Member ✭✭
    Actually, I have not gotten to the step with the deposits. With the other two, it worked fine, although the deposits have not gone through because it's a weekend and so there have been no business days. But they both have the "verify" button ready for when I can do that. But this one never gets to that point. Here are some screen shots. In the first one, you can see that two accounts are enabled for quick pay, but only one has "verify" as a button for "enabled for check pay." The other one still says "begin verification" because I clicked on it. When I click on "begin verification" it takes me to the next screen, and when I click on "begin verification" on that screen, it shows the error prompt.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hmm okay, thank you for the information.

The account that's troublesome, is that with the same bank as the other 2 accounts?

Also, were the small deposits only received in the 2 successful accounts and not the 3rd account or have they been received and currently pending in all 3 accounts?

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • Jeffrey Requadt
    It is with the same bank as one of the other accounts. I have two banks that I use, and one of my checking accounts is the same bank as this one.
    The deposits haven't been received yet since there has not been time. I just tried setting it up yesterday, which is not a business day. But they did not do the error that this one has, even the one from the same bank. They both indicated that it worked and now are just waiting to verify the amounts.
  • Quicken Anja
    Ok, thank you. 

In that case, even though the other account did not do this, I do recommend waiting just until after the small deposits have been received (up to 3 business days after setup) and possibly even posted. 

Another thing that would be good to double-check with the particular error you're receiving would be the routing and account number to the account and make sure they are correct within Quicken.
    - Bills and Income tab > Gear Icon > Payment Account > Edit

Should this not change or resolve the issue on its own after receiving the deposit-- you can also try validating your data file. You'll want to save a backup first (just in case). Then, go to-- File > File Operations > Validate and Repair > Validate File > Ok

After that's done, you will receive a data log that you can close, then close Quicken. Wait for at least 5 seconds, then reopen Quicken and see if the issue still persists.

Please do check back with us and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
  • Jeffrey Requadt
    Okay, so there is an interesting development. The two good accounts both received two micro-deposits and I was able to verify them both with no problems. However, the error account received 4 micro-deposits. It's as if Quicken Bill Manager has tried two times to verify. But I still am not able to get past the "begin verification" process, so I can't enter any of the deposit amounts. I think this indicates that there is a miscommunication somewhere in the Quicken Bill Manager system. I vaguely remember signing up for bill pay in the distant past. Is there a number I should call to get this cleared up?
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 2020
    Thank you for getting back to me with this information.

Since the "Begin verification" seems to be stuck for you-- I would recommend reaching out to Quicken Support at this point as it sounds to me like this issue may need to be escalated to the proper channels.

The number for support is 650-250-1900 or you can contact chat support as well through the hyperlink above.

Currently, our support hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PT (these hours are temporary due to the Covid-19 pandemic).

You can also go to Help > Report a problem and explain the issue as well directly through the program. Although just be aware that going through this route, you may not receive a response back and that would make it more of a "waiting game" until it suddenly just resolves itself within the program.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.