Where is the list of Bill Manager Payees and how they are setup (online vs manual)?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Is there a tutorial for the new Quicken Bill Manager feature?.

Comments

• Dale Hopkins
    Dale Hopkins Member ✭✭
    Quicken Bill Manager does NOT work very well. It needs to be easy to use and have user friendly workflows. I've entered tons of bills to pay and then they disappear or I get an error. What is step #1 to setup an online bill (I want to do that and then DELETE the one from Quicken Bill Pay), How do you setup a "recurring payment"...I finally gave up and just moved 10 of them to credit cards after two weeks of screwing around with this program. I try to enter one online biller but it says "it's already there"...NO it is not! Where is the list of Bill Manager Payees and how they are setup (online vs manual). Help please. Thanks, Dale
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should be able to view all our online billers on the Bill & Income tab: select Biller Name and Online Bills from the pull-down menus.

The first step is to setup an online bill is:

If you're attempting migrate an online payee to an an online bill, you need to select the appropriate online biller and link the online bill with the online biller by providing the appropriate credentials.  This enables Quicken to obtain the bill details from the online biller when they become available.  To pay an online bill obtained from the online biller, we may use Quick Pay if available.  If you haven't already, you may want to review:
     https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-set-quick-pay-and-check-pay
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-make-payments-using-quick-pay-and-check-pay

We may also pay an online bill from within Quicken using an online payee and an online bill payment service provides by Quicken Bill Pay or one of the more than 500 financial institution that support online bill payment from within Quicken using the Direct Connect connection method. 

Presently, the Quicken Bill Manager does not allow us to schedule payments for online bills but we may schedule online payments using an online payee and an online bill payment service within Quicken. 
  • ken_atl
    ken_atl Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, Wells Fargo will charge me $9.95/month to use Quicken Direct Connect with their free Bill Pay service. My only solution is to schedule payments on the Wells Fargo website and enter the dates/amounts on the Quicken manual bills. And of course downgrade to Starter Quicken since the QBP was the only Premier feature that I used.
  • SLBoatman
    SLBoatman Member
    So does the Quicken Bill Manager let you set up a bill to be paid on a future date?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @SLBoatman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time, payments cannot be scheduled using the new Quicken Bill Manager. We know this is a big concern to users, and we're working on this feature so we can get this to you as quickly as possible.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to navigate to the announcement below, and click the gold star to bookmark the conversation to be notified of my updates or changes.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871028/update-3-20-20-quicken-bill-pay-now-discontinues-on-8-31-20-introducing-quicken-bill-manager#latest

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    ken_atl said:
    Unfortunately, Wells Fargo will charge me $9.95/month to use Quicken Direct Connect with their free Bill Pay service. My only solution is to schedule payments on the Wells Fargo website and enter the dates/amounts on the Quicken manual bills. And of course downgrade to Starter Quicken since the QBP was the only Premier feature that I used.
    I suggest you downgrade to Deluxe - not Starter.  
This discussion has been closed.