Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

Why do I get don't delete file when quiting quicken

Error pop up about deleting file when quiting app

Comments

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you storing you file in a location that is synced to Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Google Drive, etc?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • ptchekalptchekal Member
    No, its in my document folder, I also keep a backup on my desktop. Is there a way to change the default location for the file when quiting the program?
    edited March 29
    It's an option in iCloud to have your Documents folder synced to the cloud. You don't have that turned on, right?

To move your data file, click menu File > Move To...

To change location of your backups, open Preferences > General and click the button Backup Folder... at the bottom right.

EDIT: just noticed you are still running QM2016. The menu titles and buttons may be different. I don't have a copy of QM2016 that I can check right now.
    My preference pane doesn't offer a choice of back-up locations. When I do a move the program quits wand dispaly the delete error message
    Also icloud is turned off
    I just fired up my old QM2016 to refresh my memory. QM2016 does not have automatic backup or the ability to set the default backup location. If you are going to use this older version, my only suggestion would be to use the third party tool Default Folder which will let you set default locations for saves.

I don't really have an idea what's up with the error message. Only thing I can suggest is to restore from a backup to a new file and see if that fixes it. Otherwise, I'd suggest you contact Quicken Support, but your version is no longer supported.
    Thanks for all your help, I'll do an upgrade, that may resolve the problem.
    edited March 30
    ptchekal said:
    Thanks for all your help, I'll do an upgrade, that may resolve the problem.
    Yes, it very likely will. If it does not, come on back.

Bonus: With the current version, you'll be able to set automatic backups to a location of your choosing.
This discussion has been closed.